Feel like I was duped here with detailing and ceramic coating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well so I took it in this morning and he has vowed to make it right. He was very apologetic and said he will
Make it right and fix what wasn’t fixed before. I told him about all of the conversations I’ve had in here and even showed him the thread and he said if it isn’t fixed to my satisfaction he will refund my money. He is also doing the interior clean he claimed he was doing. So we’ll see but I’m going to give him a chance to make this right.

Thank you guys again for all of the help.

Well so I took it in this morning and he has vowed to make it right. He was very apologetic and said he will
Make it right and fix what wasn’t fixed before. I told him about all of the conversations I’ve had in here and even showed him the thread and he said if it isn’t fixed to my satisfaction he will refund my money. He is also doing the interior clean he claimed he was doing. So we’ll see but I’m going to give him a chance to make this right.

Thank you guys again for all of the help.

That’s right, let him know the internet has labeled him a hack until further notice. No joke.

Hope you get an honest job because no one deserves to get that in exchange for their hard earned money.

He’s supposed to be sending me pictures of it during the process this time. I texted him and he said he’d send over prep pictures while they were working on it. I’ll send what he sends when i get them for you guys to evaluate (that is if there is anything to evaluate from the pictures). I more wanted the pictures as that is listed as part of the process that they will send pictures and details of what they are doing and he better abide by it.

Also, quick question. He sprayed water on the side of it this morning. What should be occurring when the water hits the side of the vehicle. It didn’t look like anything was happening out of the originally. The water beaded some but that was it. Isn’t it supposed to bead and run off the vehicle? I’m just not sure the vehicle was coated at all with the ceramic.

If i were you, i’d have him run around the vehicle with thickness gauge first, just to see how much has been left/taken away after the first “detail”. Just to be safe and to know they want take all the clear away in order to make it to your liking

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

If i were you, i’d have him run around the vehicle with thickness gauge first, just to see how much has been left/taken away after the first “detail”. Just to be safe and to know they want take all the clear away in order to make it to your liking

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Ok will do. Thank you.

Any update? Did you get a chance to pass by or are you going later this evening?
Thanks

Also, quick question. He sprayed water on the side of it this morning. What should be occurring when the water hits the side of the vehicle. It didn’t look like anything was happening out of the originally. The water beaded some but that was it. Isn’t it supposed to bead and run off the vehicle? I’m just not sure the vehicle was coated at all with the ceramic.

Sprayed with a bottle? Or a hose/power washer? A bottle is not enough water to get them to run off the car but any decent volume of water should slide right off the paint if you have a fresh coating.

Sprayed with a bottle? Or a hose/power washer? A bottle is not enough water to get them to run off the car but any decent volume of water should slide right off the paint if you have a fresh coating.

Damnit. It was a hose, and I’m pretty sure he didn’t coat it at all.

From your first video I can tell you that he attempted to paint correct the vehicle but did not do all the necessary steps to make it A imperfection free finish. When doing a paint correction it is a multiple step process if you skip one of these steps you end up with swirl marks that are in almost a perfect circular shaped like what I saw in your video. Out of curiosity where might you live? Just asking because if your nearby I would be happy to make your vehicle look right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damnit. It was a hose, and I’m pretty sure he didn’t coat it at all.

Honestly, I didn't look at your video until now...that vehicle is filthy...maybe he actually didn't do anything to it? I mean, how can you do a $1700 detail job and return the vehicle that dirty?

Aren’t ceramic coatings a pain to get off? So to fix the imperfections the dude is going to have to remove the “coating” that he applied originally and then repollish the paint and then reaplly the ceramic layer. Hopefully he doesn’t skip any steps this time.

Aren’t ceramic coatings a pain to get off? So to fix the imperfections the dude is going to have to remove the “coating” that he applied originally and then repollish the paint and then reaplly the ceramic layer. Hopefully he doesn’t skip any steps this time.

Doesn’t matter, he didn’t apply it.

Shouldn't be a pain to remove. Just polish to correct the swirls and the coating will come off.

Honestly, I didn't look at your video until now...that vehicle is filthy...maybe he actually didn't do anything to it? I mean, how can you do a $1700 detail job and return the vehicle that dirty?

This is what I’m thinking too... I don’t think anybody actually even touched your truck. Very curious to see what happens when you get it back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Update: So the guy called me this afternoon and opened with an apology. He said he didn’t know how it happened (yeah right) but for whatever reason the paint had become severely marred and that he was fixing it. He threw out the comment “you know maybe you wiped it down when it was dirty” and I cut him off and told him no one had touched it.

Anyways he apologized profusely and said that he was in the process of correcting it and that he wasn’t sure how the marring took place but that he understands how I would be upset over it. He said he’s fixing it and that he will have it ready for me tomorrow. He also said that he is going to town on the interior and making it perfect. He sent the below pics:

40fd0479113a956d471fa6da577d7d90.jpg
2f24ae38c9f4308e09fb6c432624ff40.jpg
36f1f966e7facc3f6283029c53dceb07.jpg
451c8b8d32f2bb7e6bea8c1aac7f921a.jpg

That’s where I am with this. I guess I’ll see tomorrow if it’s straightened out. Thank you guys again.

Now that's customer service. Sometimes it takes a lot of strength to call out a person who you paid to do work but in your heart your disappointed and know it wasn't done right. By inherent nature, I'm the type that doesn't like to hurt anyone's feelings... I was once told by my Ford Service Advisor that "I'm an easy going guy," I did correct him and state "to a point, but now coming back for the 3rd time with the same problem is going to show a more not-so-easy-going side of me." They stepped up their game and turned out I needed a new turbo in my Stang.

Secondly, looks like he's got a big shop. I hope he's at least part of this forum... What happens in big shops sometimes is as the work load grows, folks have to get hired. Just when an apprentice seems like they're ready to become a journeyman they have a momentary lapse of insanity.

Anyway, it looks like it's working out... I'm glad you went back and they saw and admitted to the folly of their ways. Sometimes it happens...that's why they call it "warranty work" :)

You need a good swirl finder light to go over it foot by foot when you pick it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back