Griots 3-1 Cermaic wax

I don’t believe ceramic 3-1 has been out a year....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My fault, my bad. Although 3 in 1 has been out just over a year, I mixed up 2 different tests in my mind. Upon reviewing them, I saw that only Megs HCW was in the 2 year test. Griot's is doing well currently in a new test that's gone about half a year only. I stand corrected.

Thanks.

Griot's did last quite a long time (in one case over 1.5 years) on a youtube comparison I've seen. I think 3 in 1 and Megs HCW lasted longer than lots of ceramic coatings even. Perhaps a fluke, but their strong performance -- at least half a year and often well over a year in various tests on a truck panel left outside 24/7 seemed impressive.

I think you're right. When properly applied to clean polished paint, it can last a lot longer than I had thought.

So far for a Winter test here in Michigan and one car in Ohio
21' Trail boss black
18' Kia Sportage bronze
16" GMC Sierra brown
19" Buick Encore blue

All car were decontaminated and corrected...2 coats of 3 in 1 put on at 24 hour intervals.
Oct to March to see how well it holds up

g5VO0ll.jpg

im5xoVT.jpg

9EwICPD.jpg

uAFwPKa.jpg

I top it off with Ceramic Speed Shine. It lasts for months.

6a4a593e86407e82a501f42973405407.jpg

Impressive indeed. Seeing stuff like this is making me ask why one would go thru the effort of the expensive coatings. You need seasonal correction anyway in the northern half of the country.

Impressive indeed. Seeing stuff like this is making me ask why one would go thru the effort of the expensice coatings. You need seasonal correction anyway in the northern half of the country.

It really is that simple.
Most of us of this forum like working on our cars, for me personally I believe "Coatings" are for people that don't want to work or fuss on their car.

My 2018 Kia had a"Professional" coating right from the day I purchased it...in 2020 I polished it off....waste of money IMO

Said it was a 7 year coating and was shot in 2 years

Most of us of this forum like working on our cars, for me personally I believe "Coatings" are for people that don't want to work or fuss on their car.

My 2018 Kia had a"Professional" coating right from the day I purchased it...in 2020 I polished it off....waste of money IMO

Said it was a 7 year coating and was shot in 2 years

My wife agreed to a "professional coating" when she bought our Tacoma despite me sitting there with a look of horror on my face

What a joke

Worthless

What part of the coating hadn't failed in the first year I polished off and after that first year it was garaged anyway so I just kept 3D Poxy topped with OCW on it and was good to go

Since last June I have stripped individual panels and experimented with Megs HCW topped with TWWW and OCW and been happy with that

I have a bottle of GG 3in1 on the way

I will go over it next month with either a fine polish or paint cleanser and put the 3in1 on it and top that with a spray wax and see how that goes

I have high hopes

I will most likely strip the Megs HCW off the little car and try the 3in1 on that as well because like you, I enjoy fussing around

Cheers

Coatings are not for everyone, like you said.

But for me, we have three vehicles that are outside 24/7 as we dont have a garage. 2 of them dont get driven much. Coatings for me have made washes so much easier. Nothing lasts as long out in the elements.and dont have to worry about wanter spots etching the clear.

Hell even when i do get a garage ill no doubt still coat them because i absolutly Love the look a coating gives!

Plus i dont have clay it,run a machine over it every year or whatever the case may be. Or have to apply a lsp a couple times a year...i can top if i want but dont have to. I really enjoy detailing, but i enjoy life too.

Plus look at klasse....his car is coated..and that guy is constantly "working or fussing" on his car. I believe your way of thinking is a bit stubborn sounding as it sounds like you got burned by the dealer.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

The only coating I've tried was Gloss Coat but I no longer have that vehicle. I'm thinking of trying Can Coat next. I want to see if there really is a significant difference in "self cleaning" with something like Can Coat compared to a 3 in 1 type product.

Coatings are not for everyone, like you said.

But for me, we have three vehicles that are outside 24/7 as we dont have a garage. 2 of them dont get driven much. Coatings for me have made washes so much easier. Nothing lasts as long out in the elements.and dont have to worry about wanter spots etching the clear.

Hell even when i do get a garage ill no doubt still coat them because i absolutly Love the look a coating gives!

Plus i dont have clay it,run a machine over it every year or whatever the case may be. Or have to apply a lsp a couple times a year...i can top if i want but dont have to. I really enjoy detailing, but i enjoy life too.

Plus look at klasse....his car is coated..and that guy is constantly "working or fussing" on his car. I believe your way of thinking is a bit stubborn sounding as it sounds like you got burned by the dealer.

Cheers

Agree. I coat all of my vehicles for many of the same reasons. They make my vehicles so much easier to maintain. Combine that with the fact I go from a cycle of applying LSP's every six months to a cycle of two years, it means I have more time for other things...like driving!

I still fuss over keeping them clean and looking good, I just do a full polish/LSP application detail job far less often.

I don't mind applying my LSP every four months. I think the coating application process would frustrate me and I'm doubtful I'd like the looks so traditional LSP for me.

I coated my last two cars with Cquartz UK, but with the new spray on ceramics, I don’t see the need for it ….put me in the camp that doesn’t mind doing it every four months… The gloss is equal to a full blown coating product.

What about self cleaning?

You just nailed it. I fully understand coatings for garage queens or limited use vehicles. Collector cars etc.
I have a 110K Range Rover that goes from CT to Maine every week. It has to get snow brushed off, salt coated, chisel off ice etc. It is not babied. By spring, my vehicles from winter all scream for a "correction" 2ist century term which I like.

The one vehicle I ever let get "simonized", my Maserati GTS, was so poorly "corrected", I used BlackFfire AIO to correct, then applied good old Collinite. WHAT A DIFFERENCE!! Besides its just plain sexy to massage in the product. Yes , it was a 2016 I bought new in spring 2019, long story, but a fully loaded bird and the deal of a lifetime. It needed my love and is my old man keeper car when Thunderdome has occurred.

????LSP?

Good luck self cleaning my RR after 750 miles of driving thru every crap from ice, snow, salt, CaCL2, sand, Logging truck grease!!! pine sap, etc I'd love to see some testing done in my climate. All I ever see , is snowbird land coating testing....truly laughable in comparison.

Show me a black or like my RR, dark blue car, that looks brown/white , no plates, lightsnon- readable that can be hosed off, then I might believe.

You just nailed it. I fully understand coatings for garage queens or limited use vehicles. Collector cars etc.
I have a 110K Range Rover that goes from CT to Maine every week. It has to get snow brushed off, salt coated, chisel off ice etc. It is not babied. By spring, my vehicles from winter all scream for a "correction" 2ist century term which I like.

The one vehicle I ever let get "simonized", my Maserati GTS, was so poorly "corrected", I used BlackFfire AIO to correct, then applied good old Collinite. WHAT A DIFFERENCE!! Besides its just plain sexy to massage in the product. Yes , it was a 2016 I bought new in spring 2019, long story, but a fully loaded bird and the deal of a lifetime. It needed my love and is my old man keeper car when Thunderdome has occurred.

????LSP?

Good luck self cleaning my RR after 750 miles of driving thru every crap from ice, snow, salt, CaCL2, sand, Logging truck grease!!! pine sap, etc I'd love to see some testing done in my climate. All I ever see , is snowbird land coating testing....truly laughable in comparison.

Show me a black or like my RR, dark blue car, that looks brown/white , no plates, lightsnon- readable that can be hosed off, then I might believe.
Usually garage queens are treated the opposite of what you described.

Why dont you be the first to test out a coating in "your environment".
You would be surprised what a quality high ph soap will do at cleaning a dirty non readable car...still will have some road film but nothing will fully remove that beside a bucket wash

Dont knock it until you try it

I live in the northwest where i feel cars see the most road film/grime. We get alit of rain on a consistent basis and water mixing with whatever on the road and then being thrown on your car is the stuff that destroys LSP’s

Car cleans up with a coating better than any sealant or wax. Self cleaning means it doesn’t retain as much grime not that a rain will clean it off. Even a good snow foam won’t.

If your polishing ever 6 month Gyeon CanCoat will blow any wax or sealant (yes collinite’s too) out of the water and just as easy to apply

Washing using a foam gun will be safer and more effective than a bucket wash—-especially when it comes to removing winter road crud

Back