Best coating having the strong hydrophobic properties?

Buracho

Reaction score
Hey y'all😁. Am looking for a hydrophobic coating to offer my clients a full body including windshield, trims, tyres etc.. Rainy season is coming up so i need to protect them from heavy rain, street mud and dirt for 3 months atleast. Any recommendations? Thanks in advance.

There is no best coating. Most coatings have very good hydrophobic behavior. The question is what brands are you looking at?

I'd recommend Gyeon Mohs EVO or Pure EVO with an honorable mention to CarPro CQuartz UK 3.0.

Having used all three in the last couple of years, I found the Gyeon Coatings to be a touch better than CarPro and between the two Gyeon coatings I think Mohs EVO has a very small edge on Pure EVO from a water behavior standpoint.

Thanks for the reply guys! So many options :wow: So can Geon and Carpro or Cerokate be applied on plastics? Like head light, tail light, wheel arch moulding... basically i want to dip the car in a ceramic coating 🤣🤣

Hold off on cerakote until they get it right. CarPro and Gyeon have dedicated products for each surface. Cquartz UK can be used on every surface including glass. It just won't last long. CarPro just came out with DQuartz Go which is pretty awesome. You can check it out on my channel.

Thanks for the reply guys! So many options :wow: So can Geon and Carpro or Cerokate be applied on plastics? Like head light, tail light, wheel arch moulding... basically i want to dip the car in a ceramic coating 🤣🤣

CanCoat is still my vote. This car sits in the Alabama sun 24/7 and the trim was completed faded. I put CanCoat on the all the exterior trim and plastics and it completely restored them. I also coated all of the windows and could have done the wheels but it wasn't a priority. The only reason I didn't use it on the paint was because this car only gets washed once every 6 months if lucky so I went with something more durable that I had laying around. But, if you don't need multi-year protection as you said and want one coating this is it. One bottle can coat 8-10 vehicles easily so it's $5-6/car. Can't beat that.

Back