Which CG soap?

Modest

Reaction score
Hi. New member here. I recently bought a foam gun, dual action polisher, and some basic novice car care products (not a lot of the OTC stuff). I'm all about bang for buck so Im wavering between two Chemical Guys car soaps- Honeydew and their Max Suds 2. I'm wondering which would perform better if I were forced to wash the car in direct sunlight and which would be better if used with hard water?

I'm sure there are marginally better products but my main draw is I can get a gallon of either of these products which should last me quite awhile.

I'd recommend Optimum Car Wash or Wolfgang Auto Bathe. CG is a lot of marketing gimmicks to draw attention to their products and they don't perform.

Hi. New member here. I recently bought a foam gun, dual action polisher, and some basic novice car care products (not a lot of the OTC stuff). I'm all about bang for buck so Im wavering between two Chemical Guys car soaps- Honeydew and their Max Suds 2. I'm wondering which would perform better if I were forced to wash the car in direct sunlight and which would be better if used with hard water?

I'm sure there are marginally better products but my main draw is I can get a gallon of either of these products which should last me quite awhile.

Out of the two you mention I would choose Honeydew.

Citrus Wash and Gloss is good stuff.

You can mix it strong or dilute as needed.

I've got some CarPro Hydrofoam on the way after the sale, I'm curious to see how it works.

if in direct sun light and hard water I'd probably use honeydew with a foam gun. However, have you a considered rinseless wash?

I like CG honeydew in the foam gun. Works great!

I use CG Honeydew, Mr. Pink and Meguiar's Hyperwash. Between those three I prefer the hyperwash for a two bucket, but add all three to the foam gun

Great soap. Meguiar's Hyper Wash would be another good one.

Are you the same Guz from LS1tech? The detailing thread there was the first thing that got me interested in detailing my car properly and watching Junkman's video series.

So guys- what benefits would the Optimum car wash give me over the Honeydew? The prices are similar so I'm considering it. This would be as a foam gun soap as well as my 2 bucket wash soap.

Are you the same Guz from LS1tech? The detailing thread there was the first thing that got me interested in detailing my car properly and watching Junkman's video series.

So guys- what benefits would the Optimum car wash give me over the Honeydew? The prices are similar so I'm considering it. This would be as a foam gun soap as well as my 2 bucket wash soap.

Better lubricity, suds and cleaning ability. My wash mitt glides over the paint with Optimum. I tried Honeydew and Mr. Pink - they both foamed ok but not near the lubricity or cleaning ability of Optimum.

Best chemical guys soap that ive used to date is body wash and wax. Its purple, smells like grapes

ive tried glossworks and mr. pink.

I love CG body wash and wax, its cheaper than the other, foams great and provides alot of protection against scratching during washing

Go with it, you wont regret it!!

When I got back into detailing a few years ago, I too bought a bunch of new toys, including a pressure washer and foam cannon. It's fun to cover the vehicle in a blanket of foam. But I never really let my car get extra dirty, so I started to use a rinseless wash product in a bucket along with a bunch of microfiber towels ... sort of a modified Garry Dean wash method. Now I'm starting to wonder if I should just get rid of the pressure washer and cannon, because my current method takes less effort and I get the washing done a lot faster.

Yeah I am.

I've used GC Honeydew, CG Wash & Gloss, Meg's Hyper Wash, and Wolfgang Autobathe. Out of those I now use Hyperwash or Autobathe. I ended up selling both my CG soaps on craigslist. The price for Meg's Hyperwash is good on AG right now.

Back