Griots Speed Shine Question

uhohitsstevo

Reaction score
I noticed Griots does not have a quick detailer like other popular brands. I was wondering if their speed shine is equivalent to a quick detailer or is it more of a waterless wash?

I noticed Griots does not have a quick detailer
like other popular brands. I was wondering if
their speed shine is equivalent to a quick detailer

or is it more of a waterless wash?
IMO:
No... Not really.

Griots Garage has their own version of a
Waterless Wash—and they've named it:
Griot's Garage Waterless Spray-On Car Wash

However...
(keeping in mind this minutiae regarding
the use of QDs as a Waterless Wash):
Note:
While spray detailers are first and foremost
positioned as products for removing light
dust, if used wet or heavy and with good
technique, that can substitute for a high
lubricity waterless wash.

Use your own judgment.

~Mike Phillips
Host - Competition Ready on Velocity Channel
Director of Training Autogeek & Marine 31
IDA Board Member
CD-SV, RT
Competition Ready Facebook Page
Mike Phillips Facebook Page
Twitter
Instagram

Bob

Can I use it as a drying aid as well?

I just used it as a drying aid this afternoon on my Monsoon Grey S4. I keep a bottle of this in my trunk for touch ups that I bought at Advance because I was out of my normal Optimum QD. I like it though. Easy to use and looks great.

I just used it as a drying aid this afternoon on my Monsoon Grey S4. I keep a bottle of this in my trunk for touch ups that I bought at Advance because I was out of my normal Optimum QD. I like it though. Easy to use and looks great.

Thanks man exactly what I was looking for.

NEW Ceramic Speed Shine

FYI they have a new product coming out in December - Ceramic Speed Shine

"Introducing Ceramic Speed Shine, the World’s best spray detailer now with SiO₂ protection! We took everything you love about Speed Shine and tweaked the formula to create an exclusive blend of advanced silane polymer technology combined with SiO₂ to maintain an ultra-slick, insane-gloss finish in between more significant washing and protection processes. This product is scheduled to be available 12/1 and you can sign up to be notified when it becomes available for purchase here: Ceramic Speed Shine(R)

- Griot's Garage
#GriotsGarage"

Re: NEW Ceramic Speed Shine

FYI they have a new product coming out in December - Ceramic Speed Shine

"Introducing Ceramic Speed Shine, the World’s best spray detailer now with SiO₂ protection! We took everything you love about Speed Shine and tweaked the formula to create an exclusive blend of advanced silane polymer technology combined with SiO₂ to maintain an ultra-slick, insane-gloss finish in between more significant washing and protection processes. This product is scheduled to be available 12/1 and you can sign up to be notified when it becomes available for purchase here: Ceramic Speed Shine(R)

- Griot's Garage
#GriotsGarage"

It'll be interesting to compare the new stuff versus Griots Ceramic 3 In One Wax

Speed Shine is one of their best products, IMHO.

Strangely, it is maybe the only product I've tried from them that I haven't liked very much. I felt like it would streak more easily than I like.

I could have been the problem, though.

It'll be interesting to compare the new stuff versus Griots Ceramic 3 In One Wax

I am interested in seeing that too. I imagine it will be more lubricity less "wax". Not quite sure where it would fit into the routine in that case, though.

I've used 3 in 1 as a drying aid so I'm not sure how I feel about this new Speed Shine.

I love Speed Shine, it's the only thing I use as a clay lube. Mostly because it smells sooooo good haha

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Re: NEW Ceramic Speed Shine

The new speed shine ceramic is a maintenance product for the 3-1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speedshine is, to me, the best QD out their. Don’t use QD’s anymore but gonna give this a go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the new Ceramic Speed Shine. I used it today for the wheels and tailgate of my truck. It works extremely well. Has great lubricity and dries very clean.

I used it on the wheels after they were cleaned by spraying on the rims then hosing it off. Griot's said you can use it like Wet Coat so I gave it a try and it worked. You could see beading right away. I wouldn't use it like Wet Coat elsewhere, but for the wheels it worked great and will by my go to from now on.

No detailer?

Speed Shine
Ceramic Speed Shine
Best of Show Detailer

They're almost to Chemical Guy level.

yeah I don't like it when companies over saturate their product lines.

Back