Power washing without drying

BF4Noob73

Reaction score
There is a car wash place that has 4 bays with a power washer including 1 bay with touchless wash. I've applied duragloss 105 on my paint 6 months ago in October. I normally park under a tree where birds hover, and well...you know the rest. Would it be okay to power wash the entire car with only water and dry it off by driving on the highway during this humid and warm weather, just to maintain it? Any negative effects of the paint like cracking or hard water spots, streaking, water etching...etc? I will be applying duragloss 601 and 105 premix in a small bottle and applying in one step really soon. Will be applying by hand, can I apply to whole car, let it haze and remove? Is this mixture safe on headlights, tail lights and OEM alloy wheels?

why not take the time to dry it? if your going to wax it dirt will come in contact with the car then your gonna wax sand em. idk i wouldnt do it but thats just me. trial and error try it and let me know haha

The problem with air drying is that the water may have high concentrations of minerals so you could end up with water spots. However, the touchless washes don't always remove all the dirt to drying with a towel may introduce scratches. What many do is drive home after the touchless then do a rinseless or waterless wash.

When applying DG601/105 I always to the entire car then come back to the beginning panel to wipe off--sometimes even wait longer if the air is humid. Make sure you use thin coats to assure removal is easy.

I've found that applying the pre soak followed by high pressure rinse is enough to clean my car if it hasn't been driven while the roads are wet. Otherwise, there will still be remnants of road film on the car after washing. I do use the foam brush on the glass.

If the spot free rinse is functioning properly at the car wash, you can get a pretty good car without touching it. Just drive it dry. However, some owners neglect to monitor or maintain their spot free rinse systems and they don't work properly. You'll just have to try it out.

You'd more than likely deal with water spots from the usual places; mirror area, door handles & leading edges. If not from the water itself, then it'd be from all the junk in the air.

You could touch up the spots with a detailer of choice. Keep glass & wheels clean and the ride should look nice overall, until time/weather permits a nice clean up work. It's what I usually do during wet season.

If you are not physically touching the paint with a wash mitt, sponge, or some other form of wash media, I would not dry it with a towel.

Back