Quick Question about Klasse SG

Fog Runner

Reaction score
Looking to put a coat of Klasse SG on the vehicle as a base coat for the winter(not that we get much of one in Louisiana) and was looking for a little info. Last time I used Klasse I followed the instructions on the bottle and suffered the pain of getting it back off the paint, and because of this have been using other products. I have read about the WOWO method and am not ready to give it another shot. My question is when you spray a panel, what is best to do the wipe on with a foam pad, mf, etc. Also do you let it sit at all between the wipe on and off or is this immediate? Thanks in advance for the help, I am hoping this time works out better than last.

FR

I don't use the spray method but make sure you don't spray too much on the panel. If you can see a lot of residue left on the paint, you used too much. So you'll spray, wipe evenly and thinly over the paint, wipe off. It doesn't have to be immediatly but wipe it off before you go to the next panel (under 2 minutes?). You can either do the WOWO method or if you have the time let the SG sit on the paint overnight, and then remove the next day. That time in between, SG is a major pain to work with.

· Wipe On / Wipe Off method: apply to the first panel and then to the second, remove residue from the first panel and apply to the third panel, removing residue from the second panel, and etc
· As air is the primary catalyst for the acrylic to dry, low air temperatures and / or humidity may effect the time requirements.
· Residues should be dry when you buff them. If the residues are still wet, you are using too much product.
  • Swipe Test: after sufficient drying times do a quick swipe test with your finger, if the paint is clear and no smearing or drag is evident, the residue is ready to be removed. If the area you have swiped is smudgy, or streaky, or there is noticeable product, then it has not had sufficient time to set-up, allow more time before your remove it.
  • Removal: product can be removed with a 100% cotton (Alpine DF™ Microfiber towel) or a with a Porter-Cable random orbital polisher and a non-cutting type (Grey) foam pad
  • Sonus Spritz is formulated the same way as Klasse and can be used to ‘even’ out layers or as a quick detailer

With Klasse SG I use a small travel size hair spray bottle and spritz a foamy twice per panel. I wipe on with a good microfiber waiting, and immediately move to WOWO. If I find a stubborn area to remove, I directly spritz one shot onto it and buff off immediately with MF towel.

Ahhh killr this brings back memories and a smile! :D Fog Runner here is a link from when I first used the Klasse SG. I have felt your pain. As the guys have already made it clear in the above post. Wipe On / Wipe Off method: apply to the first panel and then to the second, remove residue from the first panel and apply to the third panel, removing residue from the second panel, and etc

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/8597-well-its-finally-done-lots-pics.html About page 3 of this post is when I found out about the WOWO method.
This newbie learned her lesson the hard way too.:D
Good luck!

Last edited:
Back