PDA

View Full Version : Building up my inventory!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

StealthXJ
04-28-2016, 07:13 PM
Hey guys, I have been lightly detailing cars for close to two years now and have thoroughly enjoyed it. Just recently I started to look more into the products that are out there and have decided to completely revamp my kit. I have read countless reviews on so many different products that it is making my head spin on what to try first! Here is a small list of a few items that I am considering and would love some feedback.

-Polish
. Klasse AIO
. Meguiars M205
. McKee’s 37 360
-Sealant
. Klasse Sealant Glaze
. Meguiars #21
. McKee’s 37 360
-Glaze
. Meguiars #7

Now, I am a young guy who does this on the side right now, so I am on a budget. I strive to give my customers the best price and service, so I am ready to up my game. The highest level of exterior detailing that I've done would be claying a car, so I would like to get into some small paint correcting, polishing, etc by hand. McKee's line of products look pretty great, but so do a lot of others. I've watched a lot of pros use Meguiars products with wonderful results, and the reviews seem to echo those results. Klasse, Meguiars, McKee's, Wolfgang, and Pinnacle... These are the brands that I have read up on the most, I just need some direction so that I can narrow down my cart. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

custmsprty
04-28-2016, 08:10 PM
Hey guys, I have been lightly detailing cars for close to two years now and have thoroughly enjoyed it. Just recently I started to look more into the products that are out there and have decided to completely revamp my kit. I have read countless reviews on so many different products that it is making my head spin on what to try first! Here is a small list of a few items that I am considering and would love some feedback.

-Polish
. Klasse AIO
. Meguiars M205
. McKee’s 37 360
-Sealant
. Klasse Sealant Glaze
. Meguiars #21
. McKee’s 37 360
-Glaze
. Meguiars #7

Now, I am a young guy who does this on the side right now, so I am on a budget. I strive to give my customers the best price and service, so I am ready to up my game. The highest level of exterior detailing that I've done would be claying a car, so I would like to get into some small paint correcting, polishing, etc by hand. McKee's line of products look pretty great, but so do a lot of others. I've watched a lot of pros use Meguiars products with wonderful results, and the reviews seem to echo those results. Klasse, Meguiars, McKee's, Wolfgang, and Pinnacle... These are the brands that I have read up on the most, I just need some direction so that I can narrow down my cart. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I you're on a "budget" you seriously need to take a look at 3D / HD products. Compare their 16oz prices to some of those you are looking at.

If you want some free Klasse and are willing to pay shipping PM. I'm done with it. These are full bottles. No charge, just take care of shipping.

GSKR
04-28-2016, 08:31 PM
I'm doing a trashed black 2005 Tahoe pretty faded and has so much above surface contaminates.went there to give a estimate,and to find out his wife has cancer.They need to sell truck for doc bills etc.So in my mind there strapped,I was upfront with him about expectations and durability of a polish.He said just make it shine.I pulled out a brandnew bottle of xmt glaze and did a section on the hood which was the worst,and I was amazed by this product shined it up effortlessly.so I will be doing this truck by hand with xmt glaze with no lsp and I made it clear not to wash it.we agreed on a fair price for one day's work plus spiff up the interior and then drive it to Walmart parking lot to sell it.If you have a junker that needs some shine xmt glaze will do the job ,easy on easy off and no streaks.

expdetailing
04-28-2016, 08:35 PM
kAIO is perfect for doorjambs.

StealthXJ
04-28-2016, 09:26 PM
The 3D stuff looks very interesting with good reviews.

Thank you for the offer, but I think I will pass on the Klasse products all together for now.

The Pinnacle line looks to be one of the top product lines all around.

StealthXJ
04-29-2016, 10:18 AM
I am narrowing down an extremely long wish list! Now, before I do any client cars, I will be trying everything out on my Jeep. With that said, should I bite the bullet and go ahead and spend $200 on the Portar Cable 7424XP kit with the McKee's polish in addition to a bunch of other stuff that I plan to buy, or should I first try by hand and see how it looks first?

Steelholder
04-29-2016, 10:32 AM
Are you sold on the PC? You could go a cheaper route like the hf polisher and use the difference for products and end up saving. Many have stated here the hf has more power and cheaper price tag.

FUNX650
04-29-2016, 10:44 AM
...should I bite the bullet and go ahead
and spend $200 on the Portar Cable
7424XP kit

or should I first try by hand
and see how it looks first?
The "by hand" results will never live up
to the results produced "by machine":

• http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-frequently-asked-questions/20257-man-versus-machine.html

Bob

StealthXJ
04-29-2016, 10:53 AM
The 7424XP gets awesome reviews and is at a great price, that's why I like it. What is the HF polisher? I could not find it. I know that I want a dual-action. Also, can I get a smaller backing for a 3 inch pad or so for tight areas, or will certain areas have to be done by hand?

I just realized that I may have access to a pretty nice polisher. My Grandfather has a Cyclo polisher, I believe, that he never uses along with some others. I may start there first.

raheelc
04-29-2016, 11:11 AM
If you'd like to save some cash on a polisher, Autopia Car Care has some Open Box Sales going on in their forum for some polishers. I just picked up a GG 6 for $90! I think they have a PC 7424XP for $80 (obo). You may want to check it out so you can save some cash.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

briarpatch
04-29-2016, 12:09 PM
If you'd like to save some cash on a polisher, Autopia Car Care has some Open Box Sales going on in their forum for some polishers. I just picked up a GG 6 for $90! I think they have a PC 7424XP for $80 (obo). You may want to check it out so you can save some cash.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

just looked at this thread....one PC still available for 80...would be a heck of a buy

GSKR
04-29-2016, 12:22 PM
I am narrowing down an extremely long wish list! Now, before I do any client cars, I will be trying everything out on my Jeep. With that said, should I bite the bullet and go ahead and spend $200 on the Portar Cable 7424XP kit with the McKee's polish in addition to a bunch of other stuff that I plan to buy, or should I first try by hand and see how it looks first?my personal preference is griots dual action polisher.Has a lifetime warranty,it's lighter than the pc and just feels right in your hand.I had one that I beat to death and it died on me after several years of use,it's like the Honda of polishers.Applying different polishes and such by hand won't work,need a machine to work the polish for max results.

StealthXJ
04-29-2016, 12:51 PM
Thank you for the lead and the help! I will am highly considering buying that PC!

Steelholder
04-29-2016, 01:08 PM
Harbor freight sells a 6 polisher with what some say is more power for less,worth googling hf polisher autogeek

raheelc
04-29-2016, 03:44 PM
just looked at this thread....one PC still available for 80...would be a heck of a buy

Yep! I was initially going to buy the PC, but then I read a forum member's comment on one the many threads on the PC vs GG 6 here at AG, and his point made me decide to go with the GG instead. I can't remember what thread it was, or which member, but in short:

GG Has more power, and also has the lifetime warranty. He also mentioned that the PC is a polisher that a user will/may outgrow, while the GG is a polisher that a user can grow in to.

Thank you for the lead and the help! I will am highly considering buying that PC!

No problem! May want to jump on it ASAP!