Dirty stuff on glass sunroof

RangerDetails

Reaction score
I need help with something.
I did a healights restoration for one of my client and he showed me some dirty stuff on his glass sun roof(see picture).

I tried rubbing it off with and APC and a microfiber towel but it doen't rub off. I scraped it with my nails but only a little comes off. It looks like some product dryed on the glass.

It is a tinted glass so I'm don't want to use a blade.

Any idea how to get this thing off?

Thank you for your inputs.

View attachment 47631View attachment 47632

I took a double look,to me looks like the material has failed and your scraping it off with your nail.refrain from my razor blade comment.

From the picture it looks like half the glass has something on it. Is that correct? If so, I would soak with APC and try to remove with a plastic razor blade to prevent scratching. It could just be wax from a careless detail or a drive through car wash.

if its factory tinted glass you should be ok with buffing it with a compound. never heard of after market tint being installed on outside of window.

From the picture it looks like half the glass has something on it. Is that correct? If so, I would soak with APC and try to remove with a plastic razor blade to prevent scratching. It could just be wax from a careless detail or a drive through car wash.

You are correct. There are 5 or 6 glass panels and half of all of them have that stuff on it. It does look like dryed wax.

if its factory tinted glass you should be ok with buffing it with a compound. never heard of after market tint being installed on outside of window.

I know nothing about tinted glass but, yeah, I guess it's always installed on the inside.

I will try claying it then maybe polish it.

Try to polish it with some glass polisher with an orange light cutting pad. I'd go with something like Pinnacle waterspot remover (Chemical), then go to Ceriglass polish (Mechanical).

Back