What are these for? Hose washers?

no on the end that goes into that. i use it on my hose, the part that screws into this

I'm assuming these are for if the hose does not screw all the way into the nozzle, almost to fill the extra spot that is not able to get screwed in because the male end is not long enough (if that was the case)

I'm assuming these are for if the hose does not screw all the way into the nozzle, almost to fill the extra spot that is not able to get screwed in because the male end is not long enough (if that was the case)

The male end on a standard water hose will always be long enough and that's why you need that washer to prevent leaks. Look at any nozzle and it comes with a washer and not a roll of Teflon tape.

The male end on a standard water hose will always be long enough and that's why you need that washer to prevent leaks. Look at any nozzle and it comes with a washer and not a roll of Teflon tape.

Well I'll get put them in then not that it will make a difference.

Well I'll get put them in then not that it will make a difference.

The idea of using washers is so that you can remove/change the nozzle, or put another attachment on without removing old tape, reapplying it, etc. Not that a garden hose connection was ever intended to use "pipe" tape, which is for pipe threads (which a garden hose is not).

Back