PDA

View Full Version : HD Speed ROCKS!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Paul A.
05-05-2016, 07:55 PM
I had a first today. Customer dropped off her 2014 Chev Traverse for a full inside and out. I began the job and about an hour into it realized she forgot to leave me the keys. I was planning to use HD Speed anyway and figured i might as well test how good it is to work in direct, bright sun. The vehicle sat in the exact same spot parked for the full job. No problem. After touching up some minor scratches with Menzerna FG 400 i then proceeded to HD Speed around the whole thing. I polished the entire vehicle and then began wiping it off. That stuff is unbelievably good!

GSKR
05-05-2016, 08:18 PM
Yeah I gotta say HD speed is one of those rare products that lives up to its name.I use it every single day in the blazing hot Florida sun.

ulrads1
05-05-2016, 10:49 PM
All the reviews I see on this product are positive. The only thing left is to order some.

TTQ B4U
05-06-2016, 09:00 AM
Yeah I gotta say HD speed is one of those rare products that lives up to its name.I use it every single day in the blazing hot Florida sun.
This. I'm actually a user and true believer in a number of the HD products. Speed is a goto for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
05-06-2016, 09:41 AM
Another positive mini post about.

Always hear great things about it but have yet to order some. Need to stick it in my cart so I can see what all the raves are about.

TTQ B4U
05-06-2016, 10:20 AM
Another positive mini post about.

Always hear great things about it but have yet to order some. Need to stick it in my cart so I can see what all the raves are about.
Finishes as nice as Menzerna 3800
Comes off with inrecedble ease
Long working time if needed
Cuts great when used with the right pad but can be as gentle as can be too.
Smells great.

My only unknown is longevity as a stand alone sealant the as I've never just used it alone. I will on a silver minivan I have scheduled.

evo77
05-06-2016, 10:24 AM
Which pads do you recommend for light duty work? Wife's van is newish and doesn't really need any correction. And I'm looking for something to really clean up the finish and bring out a little more luster while not having to take 6 hours to do it. HD Speed has been on my radar for a while.

motion732
05-06-2016, 10:35 AM
I haven't been able to achieve much cut from HD speed but the gloss has been nice. The most aggressive I've used is an orange pad

TTQ B4U
05-06-2016, 10:36 AM
Which pads do you recommend for light duty work? Wife's van is newish and doesn't really need any correction. And I'm looking for something to really clean up the finish and bring out a little more luster while not having to take 6 hours to do it. HD Speed has been on my radar for a while.
What type of buffer? The typical PC7424 or like DA polishers you can use a green pad or white pad. I like green as its a perfect balance of light cut and super finishing. That's why I say it finishes as nice on my German paint as Menzerna.

zmcgovern45
05-06-2016, 10:46 AM
My only unknown is longevity as a stand alone sealant the as I've never just used it alone. I will on a silver minivan I have scheduled.

This is the downfall of the product in my opinion... I use Speed on my wife's car, and it always looks great after polishing, but the hydrophobic properties are very short lived (as in like 2 weeks in some cases) which makes maintenance washing and drying more work that I like it to be. I'd recommend either doing a light polish with a pure polish and then topping with a true sealant, or at least topping Speed with something more durable. Just my observations.

TTQ B4U
05-06-2016, 10:56 AM
This is the downfall of the product in my opinion... I use Speed on my wife's car, and it always looks great after polishing, but the hydrophobic properties are very short lived (as in like 2 weeks in some cases) which makes maintenance washing and drying more work that I like it to be. I'd recommend either doing a light polish with a pure polish and then topping with a true sealant, or at least topping Speed with something more durable. Just my observations.
I top it with Colinite other powerlock and enjoy that.

Paul A.
05-06-2016, 11:30 AM
My durability trials so far have yielded about 2 weeks of typical beading before it falls off. I whipped out a black 2010 Toyota Camry this morning with Speed topped with Coll 845. This was for a neighbor customer so i can monitor how this combo will behave long term. It's parked outside 24/7.

I still stand by my initial post about how much i like working with this stuff but am leaning a bit more towards Zack's point of a 2 step with one of my favorite polishes and a dedicated LSP if i need durability.

motion732
05-06-2016, 11:46 AM
My durability trials so far have yielded about 2 weeks of typical beading before it falls off. I whipped out a black 2010 Toyota Camry this morning with Speed topped with Coll 845. This was for a neighbor customer so i can monitor how this combo will behave long term. It's parked outside 24/7.

I still stand by my initial post about how much i like working with this stuff but am leaning a bit more towards Zack's point of a 2 step with one of my favorite polishes and a dedicated LSP if i need durability.

How well will Collinite actually bond considering it's in contact w/ a sealant rather than the paint?

Paul A.
05-06-2016, 11:50 AM
Excellent question and i'll report back after the 2 week mark. Coll 845 has been one of my favorites for a while and some here have already tried and suggested this combo (Speed then 845). I'm hoping the Collonite with its hybrid composition adheres well to the Speed layer underneath.

TTQ B4U
05-06-2016, 12:08 PM
How well will Collinite actually bond considering it's in contact w/ a sealant rather than the paint?
Not an issue with a wax on top of a sealant. The reverse is more of an issue.