Go to carpet and cloth seat stain treatment?

wn1998

Reaction score
just looking for what you are using to pretreat nasty stains in carpet and cloth seats? I have a pretty nasty Honda odyssey coming in (3 kids) and wanted to try some new products. I have been using D101 but might need something a bit stronger. I typically spray D101, agitate with a stiff brush and use the extractor. What is a must have for a nasty interior?

I have two kids under the age of 3. I should just get a belt holster for my bottle of Folex at this point.

You can't beat Folex for interior work. Very inexpensive, can be purchased at Lowes etc, and does a fantastic job.

I find its good to keep something like 3D Orange 88 Degreaser around. It's a great all around cleaner, and excellent degreaser. It also does well removing gum and other sticky stuff.

For general soiling, I will use a commercial carpet/upholstery pre-spray, that will be extracted with an acidic fiber rinse as the extraction fluid. For stains however, I will identify the stain and use the appropriate chemistry. When in doubt of the type of stain, folex will be safe to try.

Back