Ready for winter (pics)

Tonya

Reaction score
It took me two weekends but it's finally ready for winter. ~ THANKS FOR ALL THE ADVICE AL!

Wash:
DG # 901 ~ Thanks Sparkie! Yep, Tommy it smells like cherries. LOL
Foam gun and two bucket method
Poorboy's World Bug Squash
Pinnacle Safe Scrub Bug & Tar Pad

Paint
Klasse ALL-IN-ONE
2 coats Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze
2 coats of Collinite's No. 845

Windows
Stoner Invisible Glass

Wheels
Amazing Roll Off
Surf City Garage Absolutely aluminum Perfect Polish
2 coates DP Wheel Glaze Yep, Tommy it smells like grapes
Tire dressing, non-AG product, sorry :o

Tail pipe
Surf City Garage Absolutely Alluminum Perfect Polish

Trim work
303 Aerospace protectant ~ Thanks Joe.p

I started last weekend with a thorough wash followed by Klasse ALL-IN ONE, here is a link. I absolutely love this product.
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-forum/10098-klasse-all-one-review-pics.html

I followed with 2 coats of Klasse Hight Glosse Sealant Glaze. I only got one coat of Collinite's No. 845 on before Monday.

I started again Thrusday night on my wheels. Lets' just say I am a little obsessed with my wheels. Here is another link.
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-forum/10251-you-know-you-ocd-when.html

Then I washed again before the second coat of Collinite, just look at that water beading up.
during102007004.jpg

during102007006.jpg

during102007005.jpg

Oh yeah.... I can't forget to show you the beading action on those wheels :D

during102007003.jpg

Here it is all clean and shiney!
during102007011.jpg

Well it's finally done! Here are some more pics
collinite005.jpg

collinite003.jpg

collinite019.jpg

Last edited:
looks like you are set!! by the way how do you like that collinite wax?

collinite006.jpg

Flakes, Flakes, Flakes
collinite012.jpg

collinite010.jpg

collinite013.jpg

collinite015.jpg

collinite014.jpg

And as you can see I got the license Plate on and it will no longer rub!
Thanks Texas TB for the link!
Thanks Jimmie for the hardware store suggestion... I took a printout from Texas TB and found exactly what I needed.
Thanks Catman I did put them on the plate not the car ;)

Last edited:
Looking great as usual. The finish looks great. The Klasse twins was my winter protection for the past two years. This year I did Jeffs Werkstatt (updated Klasse pretty much) and topped with #845. I'm going to try to top the #845 as often as I can to keep protection optimal during the winter months.

looks like you are set!! by the way how do you like that collinite wax?
Love it! Al suggested it. It goes on easy, looks great and should give great protection against the road salt! :D Im the MAN

Looks great :D Love the flakes, nice looking car :)

Very nice results with the sealant and collinite wax. Congrats!

Looks great!
Maybe I should just go by your list since you put it in order. :cheers:

Tonya..very nice....it looks top class in the flake show...lol....you will be set for winter no problem...next year we will get you to try a collinite paste like 915 ..lol...thats my favorite for winter...it just lasts....and looks great....

845 is the easiest to use thats why I suggested it for you to use......and looks good..but the paste just goes and goes in the winter...

Your protection you have on now will get you into spring no problem...you did a very nice job and it shows....

Great Job....

Al

I love collinite waxes. They have a permanent place in my detailing rig now!!

Car looks great! Wheels look awesome!!!!!!

Looks great :D Love the flakes, nice looking car :)
Thanks pirex! I was glad I got the shot. I stink with a camera. :D
Very nice results with the sealant and collinite wax. Congrats!
Thanks Bonifax!
Looks great!
Maybe I should just go by your list since you put it in order. :cheers:
tnbug4m, it's not my list I can't take credit. It was all AL-53 he is a great teacher! He knows his stuff!
nice flakes, Tonya:goodpost:
Rsufer, thanks for the complement! Im the MAN

Those clean wheels caught my eye Tonya, I can eat off them!
klumzypinoy, thanks for noticing!
Bulletproofed! Nice job Tonya.
Thanks Alice, I am ready for old man winter! Thanks for the props! Girl power! :D
Great job Tonya. I love the flake. Go Girl!
I am trying, thanks for the "Go Girl"
Tonya..very nice....it looks top class in the flake show...lol....you will be set for winter no problem...next year we will get you to try a collinite paste like 915 ..lol...thats my favorite for winter...it just lasts....and looks great....

845 is the easiest to use thats why I suggested it for you to use......and looks good..but the paste just goes and goes in the winter...

Your protection you have on now will get you into spring no problem...you did a very nice job and it shows....

Great Job....

Al
Thanks Al, but I should be thanking you! Your the best! Thanks for taking the time to share you knowledge!
I love collinite waxes. They have a permanent place in my detailing rig now!!

Car looks great! Wheels look awesome!!!!!!
Yep, it was a great product easy to apply. Thanks for the complements!
looks really good
Thanks Scottgt! Im the MAN

Looking great as usual. The finish looks great. The Klasse twins was my winter protection for the past two years. This year I did Jeffs Werkstatt (updated Klasse pretty much) and topped with #845. I'm going to try to top the #845 as often as I can to keep protection optimal during the winter months.
Thanks budman3, I love the finish too!
:buffing:Im the MAN:cheers::cruisin:
Looks absolulately FANTASTIC!!!
Steveh4263, thanks... I am very happy!

nice flakes, Tonya:goodpost:
Thanks Rsufer! Thanks for looking and the props!

Tonya - that car is still going to look fantastic come next spring, and for years to come. Great job!

Awesome! Looks like you chose the right durable combo! you are pretty much set for winter.

Back