Meguiars M21 for wheel Sealant?

duddy89

Reaction score
Instead of buying a dedicated wheel wax/sealant I can just apply M21 to my powdercoated wheels after washing correct?

The Meguiar's Synthetic Sealant 2.0 isn't designed to take the heat from the wheels. I'd recommend using a Wheel Coating or a Wheel Wax for protecting your wheels.

I use 21 on the wheels sometimes but I don't pay attention to how long it lasts . I try and clean and wax them often

Instead of buying a dedicated wheel
wax/sealant I can just apply M21 to my
powdercoated wheels after washing correct?
Let's take a look:

•Meguiar's M21 2.0 is a Synthetic Sealant.

•Synthetic Sealants have a fracture/melting
point temperature of ~350F.

•Will the components, that you are
contemplating to seal with an application
of M21 2.0, reach temperatures of
~350F, or higher?

Bob

You can use any sealant in wheels. Go ahead and use M21. It won't be as durable as a wheel coatin. But it will still work.

The Meguiar's Synthetic Sealant 2.0 isn't designed to take the heat from the wheels.

I believe that the paint surface of the vehicle exposed to direct sunlight can get as hot if not hotter than a wheel can (during normal driving operation). So I don't see why a paint sealant wouldn't fair well on wheels?

I believe the real question would be can the paint sealant survive strong/harsh wheel cleaners? Unless the OP washes his wheels with car wash shampoo or RW/WW solutions -- then the sealant should last a good while.

Considering the complexity of most Rimm design, I feel the best way to protect them is to spray Hydro2 on them. You can easily protect every nook and cranny and it takes no time at all to do.

I put some m21 on my wheels before I put them on. been about a month and a half and they still bead after washing with regular car soap.

Try it,if you,aren't happy with the durability,you can opt for some thing like a wheel wax or coating but if you already have the M21,why not.

Back