Griot's Best of Show Paste Wax

WAXOFF

Reaction score
I just ordered the Griot's Best of Show Paste Wax on the BOGO deal. I've never used it and was wondering what results I should expect. I've been a Collinite guy for over 35 years but have Pinnacle Souvran, AutoGlym , XTM180,Collinite 915,845,476s,885, Dodo Juice Supernatural. How would you rank the Griot's against some of these others in longevity, ease of use. beading etc. Thanks

Very easy to use and gives a high gloss look. Can't help much on longevity as I've had it on for 5 weeks with very little rain, only has been washed weekly. The wax does sheet water very well. I'd say the look is between 915 and 845, less depth than 915 but more gloss than 845.

I just ordered the Griot's Best of Show Paste Wax on the BOGO deal. I've never used it and was wondering what results I should expect. I've been a Collinite guy for over 35 years but have Pinnacle Souvran, AutoGlym , XTM180,Collinite 915,845,476s,885, Dodo Juice Supernatural. How would you rank the Griot's against some of these others in longevity, ease of use. beading etc. Thanks
Holy Moly...... you've got a serious addiction going on!! LOL

You should see my cabinets with all the products also. I have a lot of money in products.

I've been on vacation and didn't that Mike Phillips just did a review.

Have you had a chance to try the wax?

I haven't tried, but I had GG best of show liquid wax.

It gave my red mazda deep, warm gloss, but I had to put it extremly thin and let it cure for around 3 hours before buff off.

I wonder if paste wax has same long cure time.

It gave my red mazda deep, warm gloss, but I had to put it extremly thin and let it cure for around 3 hours before buff off.

Given the competition that's out there, I think they would have done their homework to make it more user friendly than the old best of show liquid. If it's anything like their Premium Carnauba Paste Wax, it should be super easy to work with. I've used half of a tin of that stuff and absolutely love it.

The paste is super easy to use, I tried the liquid many years ago and didn't care for it.

Not to turn this into a Dodge Durango thread, but...
View attachment 50589
View attachment 50590

As for the Best of Show Paste Wax, after my first use, I have to say that I am quite pleased. Aside from an initial hiccup (applicator pad was too dry), it applied and removed very easily. The metal flake is a little muted compared to the Duragloss 111 I have used previously, but the color seems "darker", if that is possible. It has a pleasant aroma, and judging by how much I used for one application, the two tins I have from AG's B1G1 sale should last me for quite some time. :laughing:

Overall, I am quite happy with it, and look forward to seeing how it holds up over the next few months.

Not to turn this into a Dodge Durango thread, but...
View attachment 50589
View attachment 50590

As for the Best of Show Paste Wax, after my first use, I have to say that I am quite pleased. Aside from an initial hiccup (applicator pad was too dry), it applied and removed very easily. The metal flake is a little muted compared to the Duragloss 111 I have used previously, but the color seems "darker", if that is possible. It has a pleasant aroma, and judging by how much I used for one application, the two tins I have from AG's B1G1 sale should last me for quite some time. :laughing:

Overall, I am quite happy with it, and look forward to seeing how it holds up over the next few months.
That hood pic looks sweet!

That hood pic looks sweet!

Thanks!
It's a quick cell pic, and an overcast day, but hopefully it gives an idea what kind of results might be expected on a corrected vehicle. I haven't used a paste wax in quite some time, but I am very happy with the results.

Very easy to apply and great water behavior. I like the scent too.

Back