PDA

View Full Version : Self Installed Water Spots

JoeyGT
07-15-2016, 11:57 AM
All,

My car had gotten caught in the rain so I ran outside to put it in the garage. Since the car was dirty at the time and still wet (unable to dry), I now have water spots all over the paint. The water spots attacked about a month AFTER I used sealant (HD Poxy). The car is normally garaged so I know my sealant is still protecting.

I gave the car a wash the next chance I had, but the water spots are still there.

Is there anyway I can remove them without undoing my entire detail process? A friend of mine to me to add another layer of sealant, and that should take care of them.

My car is a BLACK Mustang.

Thoughts?

Thanks for your help.

Setec Astronomy
07-15-2016, 12:00 PM
Well, your friend made a good suggestion, IF you were using an OTC "wax" which has significant cleaners in it, but that's not the approach I would take. Can you feel the spots?

JoeyGT
07-15-2016, 12:02 PM
Well, your friend made a good suggestion, IF you were using an OTC "wax" which has significant cleaners in it, but that's not the approach I would take. Can you feel the spots?

I haven't felt the spots since I don't like touching the paint, but I will do so tonight.

I want to say "no, you can't feel them."

Setec Astronomy
07-15-2016, 12:08 PM
If you did a good wash and they didn't come off, then I'm sorry to say likely you will have to "redo part of your detailing process". You're going to either have to clay, or polish, or use an AIO, something that's got some ability to clean the paint. The clay may, and the polish will, require you to reapply your LSP.

JoeyGT
07-15-2016, 01:50 PM
If you did a good wash and they didn't come off, then I'm sorry to say likely you will have to "redo part of your detailing process". You're going to either have to clay, or polish, or use an AIO, something that's got some ability to clean the paint. The clay may, and the polish will, require you to reapply your LSP.

Wow, that sucks! I used HD Speed to polish (AIO), so I'm hoping a quick pass with Speed should do the trick. Would you recommend clay first?

Setec Astronomy
07-15-2016, 01:54 PM
I don't think you need to clay first unless you think the spots are going to come off from that, or you think you have other contamination that needs to be removed before polishing. Do you have any pictures?