P21S Paint Cleanser Polisher Settings

SlvrDragon50

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm hoping someone can answer this quickly for me before I seal and wax my car tomorrow. I have some P21S because I don't plan on polishing my car this time around, but I am not sure what pad + speed I should use with the cleanser. I have a GG6 polisher, and white, orange, blue, and black flat pads. I'm already planning on using the blue and black for my DG105 + Collinite 845 so I'm kinda hoping I can use the cleanser with white pads?

Thanks

I've used the P21S paint cleanser with a machine, forget if it was my PC or GG6.

Anyway, IMHO & IME the product will work better by hand. What I mean is, I remember having to use a lot of product to keep the pad from drying up quickly. So, the pads gummed up quickly.

Looking back (it's been quit a while), I prolly should have primed the pads with some DI water.

Anyway, if yr going to do this - you just want to use whatever speed so the pad spins slowly. Any heat will dry out this product quickly. I would do 2 passes at the most.

A white LC polishing pad should be fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've used the P21S paint cleanser with a machine, forget if it was my PC or GG6.

Anyway, IMHO & IME the product will work better by hand. What I mean is, I remember having to use a lot of product to keep the pad from drying up quickly. So, the pads gummed up quickly.

Looking back (it's been quit a while), I prolly should have primed the pads with some DI water.

Anyway, if yr going to do this - you just want to use whatever speed so the pad spins slowly. Any heat will dry out this product quickly. I would do 2 passes at the most.

A white LC polishing pad should be fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I actually came across a blog that said to do speed 4-5, but it sounds like I'll just waste a ton doing it that high. Thanks for the tip!

I ran my GG6 on a white pad on speed 3, and had no problems with the P21S drying up quickly. Definitely noticed a big difference after using it. Just applied DG105 + 601 and taking a break before throwing on the Collinite.

I forgot how sore the DA makes my arms and back.

I ran my GG6 on a white pad on speed 3, and had no problems with the P21S drying up quickly. Definitely noticed a big difference after using it. Just applied DG105 + 601 and taking a break before throwing on the Collinite.

I forgot how sore the DA makes my arms and back.
If you did it by hand, you would have to take the next day off.:buffing:

Any kind of a paint cleaner I would use no more than 3 or 4 on a da polisher. No need for anything more. Just let the product do the work. I typically use poorboys pro polish as just a cleaner and typically just do it by hand as needed. If I need a little cut or need to be slightly more agressive I'll use my PC with a polishing pad but typically don't find myself going that route

Any kind of a paint cleaner I would use no more than 3 or 4 on a da polisher. No need for anything more. Just let the product do the work.

I agree.

Just to add a few more comments...

Technically paint cleaners are for removing light surface dirt staining and other light surface impurities. They prep the paint for the application of either a wax or a synthetic paint sealant.

If it were me, I would apply by machine using a soft foam polishing or finishing pad. Use a speed setting that maintains pad rotation but nothing more. Apply to a single panel and then wipe off.

Down the road, after you use up all your P21S Paint Cleansing Lotion, pick up a fine cut polish. A fine cut polish will do everything a paint cleaner will do and more and leave a nicer looking finish. For all the time and work it takes to apply a paint cleaner might as well apply a fine cut polish.

:)

Back