Car Wash Sponge Recommendations?

jakeclk

Reaction score
After 2-3 years of regular use, I am afraid that my CarPro Incredipads have reached the end of their lifecycle. What are your favorite car wash sponges? I alternate between regular washes and rinseless washes, using the 2B method in each case. Thanks!

Feed back please

Here's what I like and what I use...

High Quality Microfiber Chenille Wash Mitts

Here's my choice for wash mitts. I love these things!

FOAM_GUN_065.jpg

These are Microfiber Chenille Wash Mitts carried on the Autogeek.com store. I know you see these at discount stores but here's the deal.. The cheap ones fall apart. We only carry the high quality version. You get what you pay for. Don't waste your time or money on the cheap version they will simply fall apart.

The Microfiber Chenille Mitts we sell at Autogeek can be washed and dried in your washer and dryer without falling apart. The cheap ones will simply unravel and you'll end up throwing them away.

On Autogeek.com

Micro-Chenille Wash Mitt 3-Pack - Choose Your Color

:)

These are Microfiber Chenille Wash Mitts carried on the Autogeek.com store. I know you see these at discount stores but here's the deal.. The cheap ones fall apart. We only carry the high quality version. You get what you pay for. Don't waste your time or money on the cheap version they will simply fall apart.

I'm currently using the gray one in the picture, and can attest to how nice they are. If you catch a sale on Autogeek or one of PBMG's other store fronts, they are the same price as what is found in big box stores.

Another Chenille user here. That's all I use.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I use grout sponges from HD or Lowes on my wheels. Mitts for everything else. Although I have used the synthetic sheepskin pads and I like the fact they seem to hold suds better. The problem is they are always lots of little pieces of debris that gets stuck in there and I feel like I'm spending a ton of time picking through it after rinsing.

Chenille wash pad.. or in a pinch, a microfiber one. NEVER a sponge.

+1 for MF chenille wash mitt.

I have used a grout sponge before when they were more popular on the forums and absolutely hated it. A wash sponge will never clean my paint again.

The MF chenille just flat outs works much better at gently grabbing/lifting dirt from the surface with less effort and can conform to all crevices, nooks and crannies because of all of its "fingers".

Aint no way any Big Red,Blue or Purple sponge going to touch my clear coat...

I use a sponge and I hate wash mitts. The Optimum blue waffle sponge works well for me as well as another sponge called Uber (its a rectangular block with no waffle structure).

I also remember seeing a wash pad constructed of chenille which behaves like a sponge in your hand but made out of microfiber (I haven't tried it yet but I might).

The Optimum blue sponge works great with the nice waffle structure that glides over with ease.

I still use grout sponges. If you do a light pass then flush out all it has picked by by squeezing it out you will have good results. My wash water stays clean and I don't need two buckets. (Less time, Time is $) I do not use cheap sponges from walmart. Qep sponges from HD are way better and softer. NO OTHER SPONGE besides the lake country one you can get on autogeek will do.

^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^

I like the chenille MF too, but these are nice because you can easily see debris on the white mitt.

I use these sponges (from left to right) -

Zymol yellow sponge
Optimum blue waffle sponge
Lake Country Big Blue Sponge
BRS - Big Red Sponge
Aqua Sponge -- dark tan
Home Depot Grout Sponge -- dark yellow
Lowes Proline Sponge -- bright yellow

I like the Optimum waffle sponge..It works pretty good if you think your car is 'sponge worthy' :)

here's what i like and what i use...

high quality microfiber chenille wash mitts

here's my choice for wash mitts. I love these things!

foam_gun_065.jpg

these are microfiber chenille wash mitts carried on the autogeek.com store. I know you see these at discount stores but here's the deal.. The cheap ones fall apart. We only carry the high quality version. You get what you pay for. Don't waste your time or money on the cheap version they will simply fall apart.

The microfiber chenille mitts we sell at autogeek can be washed and dried in your washer and dryer without falling apart. The cheap ones will simply unravel and you'll end up throwing them away.

on autogeek.com

micro-chenille wash mitt 3-pack - choose your color

:)

all i use!

Back