PDA

View Full Version : What's a more cost effective alternative to Adam's In & Out Spray?

Pages : [1] 2

Harry Da Hamster
08-12-2016, 11:46 PM
What's a more cost effective alternative to Adam's In & Out Spray? Specifically for use on matte black wheels?

VISITOR
08-13-2016, 12:10 AM
haven't used it just yet, but this looks to be a contender...
McKee's 37 Trim Detailer (http://www.autogeek.net/dp-trim-detailer-spray.html)
http://ep.yimg.com/ay/autogeek/mckee-trim-detailer-1.gif
Save time and enjoy the look of dark, detailed trim with McKee's 37 Trim Detailer. This aerosol spray quickly coats trim and tires to provide a low gloss, new-rubber finish. Exterior trim will look dark with a subtle, satin shine to complement any vehicle. McKee's 37 Trim Detailer offers excellent protection to keep trim and tires looking better than new.

PA DETAILER
08-13-2016, 01:04 AM
I have and it is a great product!

The Guz
08-13-2016, 01:38 AM
I use this

Meguiars Plastic & Vinyl Coating, exterior trim coating, trim dressing, vinyl protectant (http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-plastic-vinyl-coating.html)

Harry Da Hamster
08-13-2016, 03:00 AM
Anyone tried using those products on matte black wheels? I tried a couple different products a while ago but they just didn't perform as well as Adam's In & Out.

dcjredline
08-13-2016, 07:15 AM
Id say the Meguiars too, you asked for more cost effective. Its 1/3 of the price and at $5 wont break the bank to try. Can you describe a little more what you want out of a spray or what you liked about Adams and didnt about the others? That may help someone help you.

swanicyouth
08-13-2016, 08:22 AM
I use this

Meguiars Plastic & Vinyl Coating, exterior trim coating, trim dressing, vinyl protectant (http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-plastic-vinyl-coating.html)

I use this stuff - IIR It's Meg's D4510.

I never used the Adams stuff - but I used the CGs version (B2B) - and D4510 is better and like less than 1/2 the price. I'm also able to get it locally.

D4510 actually comes with an adjustable twist aerosol sprayer - although I see no need to use it anything above the lightest spray.

Not sure why the OP is looking for a trim detailer to spray on the actual wheel surface?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Harry Da Hamster
08-14-2016, 12:58 PM
Id say the Meguiars too, you asked for more cost effective. Its 1/3 of the price and at $5 wont break the bank to try. Can you describe a little more what you want out of a spray or what you liked about Adams and didnt about the others? That may help someone help you.
LOL you're killing me man. It's primary use is to dress matte black wheels...

Where can you find Meguiars D4510 for $5?

Eldorado2k
08-14-2016, 04:11 PM
LOL you're killing me man. It's primary use is to dress matte black wheels...

Where can you find Meguiars D4510 for $5?

But doesn't it make the matte wheels shiny? I thought the whole reason for having matte wheels was that they don't shine?

The Guz
08-14-2016, 04:50 PM
To the op, have you tried using D156 on the matte wheels? It works on matte surfaces from the article on detailed image.

FUNX650
08-14-2016, 04:59 PM
Anyone tried using those products on
matte black wheels?
I tried a couple different products a
while ago but they just didn't perform
as well as Adam's In & Out.
•Adam's In&Out (A-I&O) for
matte black wheels?
-That's thinking outside the box!

However:
•I can't recommend anything but matte
products for matte black surfaces---
-not even A-I&O.

•But if you are pleased with:
1.) having matte black wheels (along with
the related costs for their proper care)
2.) the results from using A-I&O on them...

•Then, to be in accord with one of
Mike Phillips' detailing-tenets:
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-mike-phillips-your-detailing-questions/24310-find-something-you-like-use-often.html

Bob

ArnoldLayne
08-15-2016, 02:43 PM
What's a more cost effective alternative to Adam's In & Out Spray? Specifically for use on matte black wheels?

Have you tried Dr Beasley products? They seem to have a line of products for matte finishes including wheels. (can't say I've used them first hand)

Harry Da Hamster
08-30-2016, 03:39 AM

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I bought Meguiars D4510 and it works the same as Adam's In & Out Spray but cheaper. The dressing gives matte black wheels a nice deep, dark satin look. Check it out^^^

dcjredline
08-30-2016, 09:46 AM
Watch for it to be on sale between the PBMG sites!!! Load up on it. I love it for engines too.

Dandy98
11-14-2016, 09:27 PM
Black wheels or tires? Sometimes they are used interchangeably. I can't find many products better than Adams for tires. If you are talking tires are u using the right product from Adams? They have a pretty unique sequence to follow which will get you to a matte finish. Preparation is the key. Should u be talking about black wheels that's an entirely different story. I would suggest to get with the wheel manufacturer for polishing guidelines. Also you can find any and all sequences to use on u tube as well.