Plastic speedometer/gauges cover scratched

CC268

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Unfortunately I have noticed some scratches in the plastic covering over my speedometer/gauges in my 2014 F-150. Boggles my mind considering I have never cleaned it with anything other than Invisible Glass and a microfiber. Is there any product that I could use to get those scratches out? I can tell this plastic is just one of those things that scratches very easily.

Hmm so will that help remove the existing scratches?

It may not totally remove them, but it will lessen them. Depends how deep they are.

Alright if you think that is my best shot I will order it...lol always another product to order

I could have sworn I posted to this thread this morning.... oh well, that was before the 2nd cup of coffee... :)
The plastic is very thin and like eye glasses is coated with an anti-glare coating. It's the coating that got scratched.
Pretty much not much else you can do. Moving forward, you can use what was suggested above...

I use a Leica Optics Microfiber Cleaning Cloth along with optics cleaner.

I could have sworn I posted to this thread this morning.... oh well, that was before the 2nd cup of coffee... :)
The plastic is very thin and like eye glasses is coated with an anti-glare coating. It's the coating that got scratched.
Pretty much not much else you can do. Moving forward, you can use what was suggested above...

I use a Leica Optics Microfiber Cleaning Cloth along with optics cleaner.

Gotcha - how silly that they would make something that scratches so easily. Anyways I ordered some of the McKees Plex-All

Megs PlastX is what I use. Probably works the same but is available locally in the usual places.

I actually have some of this but wasn't sure if it may actually make it worse considering there is apparently an anti glare coating on it that is getting scratched not the plastic itself

I have a 2013 Pilot that had scratches on the plastic covering the radio display screen (non navi) that Poliseal and a MF towel made short work of.
It seems to be the same plastic that is used for the gauges. But if you know someone who has a 2009-15 non navi Pilot you may want to look at the plastic first and see if it similar to that of your truck.

Hmm...well I will see how this McKees product works first...I will check out poliseal if this doesn't work.

You did reply, but it was to my thread, not this one. I had a flashback when I started reading this one - the OP has a 2014 F150 just as I do and obviously has the same issue.

I found the replacement lens is just over $30 so I might give a go with plastic-x on mine and see how it turns out.

You did reply, but it was to my thread, not this one. I had a flashback when I started reading this one - the OP has a 2014 F150 just as I do and obviously has the same issue.

I found the replacement lens is just over $30 so I might give a go with plastic-x on mine and see how it turns out.

Oh really? I feel like it would be a total pain to replace though? Not sure how you would tear the dash apart.

I've used the McKee's Plex-All aerosol spray almost exclusively on the clear windshield of my golf cart. I have some micro scratches, which I attribute to using poor quality Costco microfiber towels to do the cleaning with.

Don't make the same mistake I did... Use only high quality microfiber towels on your clear plastics!

As suggested Megs PlastX and a microfiber towel. Yep this cover scratches really easily. My wife wiped hers down with sandpaper I think looking at the level of the scratches. The Plastx did a 95% restoration. Wouldn't pass for a concourse level show but on a DD good enough. I would not want to take apart the dash on a new model F150 or her GX470. The time alone to do it would be crazy.

Back