New car starting over need shopping list

bwall244

Reaction score
I was an avid at home detailer about 10 years ago when I had a BMW M3 but haven't done anything in recent years. I know brands and technology has changed in the mean time and I'm trying to get some specifics. I purchased a 16 Yukon Denali black yesterday and I'm tentatively planning to have it paint corrected, Xpel front wrapped and Opticoat. Right now my main focus is on washing. I've heard some good things about using foam lance and don't mind buying an inexpensive electric pressure washer. I'd appreciate advice on the better brands on powerwashers, foam lances, shampoos, wash mits, and microfiber dryers that are out there now. Thanks guys!

AR Blue 390SS is one of the best electrics and you can get the foam cannon for it on Amazon (MTM Hydro). Unfortunately the ones on Autogeek won't work unless you buy separate connectors. I love it. Auto geek has a great 3 pack of wash mitts.

Congratulations on the new ride.

Good luck with that huge Black Beast better you than me :buffing:

Two words, Coat It.

That'll be a ten hour a week full time job trying to keep that clean :props:

Where are you located?

What is the consensus on the Karcher vs the AR?

Foam Wash Gun with FREE BONUS

You're' better off getting a foam gun. By the time you pull out a pressure washer, plug it in, hook up the water and get it all set up in place you can be halfway through your wash with a foam gun.

I love mine, and it foams like crazy.

My foam gun is all I use and I have a pressure washer and a foam cannon LOL.

From what I've seen on here with many of Mike Phillips how to posts he may be partial to foam guns too.

Also, here's a helpful guide:

Car Wash Guide, Car Wash how to - easy steps to shampoo and dry your vehicle using paint-safe mitts and towels, plus sponges, the Grit Guard and

PS I have a little experience keeping Black paint shined up, but it's a garage queen, all my daily drivers (3) are white.

Unfortunately the ones on Autogeek won't work unless you buy separate connectors.

Here's the deal.

There's more than ONE TYPE of pressure washer on the market. Our Foam Cannon will work with all of them if you use the right connector.

As a company, we don't know what make and model of pressure wash a person has and it would be both silly and ridiculous to send every connector out with each Foam Cannon we sell when a person only needs one - the right one.

So we provide education AND customer support for our customers, that is we help them via our store to get the right connector for their pressure washer or a phone call to customer care will get you the correct connector for your pressure washer.

Here's education

How To Select a Fitting for the Foam Cannon HP

Here's Customer Care's phone number

1-800-869-3011 x206

While we don't mind acting as an open car detailing discussion forum for all the online retail websites on the World Wide Web or all the local brick-n-mortar stores, we do like to hope that people will shop from the place they get their customer support from.

For example, creating a thread on this forum asking for help is a question. Getting help is customer care.

:)

Understood - I buy most of my product through you guys and sometimes through the Amazon store (which is from AG a lot of the time by the way). Only reason I do this is I save a boat load of money on shipping because I am a Prime Member (shipping from Florida to AZ gets expensive). The MTM I suggested is nice as it comes with both a "permanent" adapter and the quick connect adapter which is quite nice.

Congratulations on the new ride.

Good luck with that huge Black Beast better you than me :buffing:

Two words, Coat It.

That'll be a ten hour a week full time job trying to keep that clean :props:

Where are you located?

Thanks! I'm in NC, I am a bit worried about the black, all the other cars I've heavily detailed were white or silver. I'm trying to get some quotes on correction/xpel/coating but having a hard time finding places in NC that are highly recommended.

Thanks! I'm in NC, I am a bit worried about the black, all the other cars I've heavily detailed were white or silver. I'm trying to get some quotes on correction/xpel/coating but having a hard time finding places in NC that are highly recommended.

Where in NC, it's a big state..............

Their are some experienced forum members on here in NC.

Fellow NC'er here. I just did went through what you're going through now. I have always done my own polishing, but I backslid for s few years and went to the tunnel wash.

Bought a new ride, and now I'm all about washing it. But I am rarely ever using a traditional wash these days. Since I applied Wolfgang Uber, all I do is a hybrid Garry Dean / Jason Rose rinseless wash. I use Meguiar's D114 to wash the coating. I throw a half ounce into a bucket with a gallon of distilled water, and add 8 microfibers. Then, I spray 1:128 D114 on a panel. Let it soak for a min, and hit it with the microfiber. Then dry.

Check out this video on D114, and notice the swipe method he uses with the MF towel.

https://youtu.be/cICbdJocUI4

It takes me no time at all, and I am touching the paint a lot less than a traditional wash.

I'm in the Winston Salem Greensboro high point area. Willing to go outside the area for a strong recommendation on correction and application. Going to do some research on gun vs lance tonight.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I'm in the Winston Salem Greensboro high point area. Willing to go outside the area for a strong recommendation on correction and application. Going to do some research on gun vs lance tonight.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Like I said, I have both and the time it takes to pull my electric pressure washer out and do all the hook up I'm halfway through my Rogue with my foam gun.

I like a clean shiny car, I don't like spending a lot of time keeping it that way.

When your'e ready to have your suv detailed start a thread here " Detailer wanted in High Point area for paint prep and coating"

Like I said, I have both and the time it takes to pull my electric pressure washer out and do all the hook up I'm halfway through my Rogue with my foam gun.

I like a clean shiny car, I don't like spending a lot of time keeping it that way.

When your'e ready to have your suv detailed start a thread here " Detailer wanted in High Point area for paint prep and coating"

But the foam gun doesn't look as cool as the foam cannon! :laughing:

Back