Collinite 850 on NEW chrome??

CC268

Reaction score
I have some Collinite 850 that has never been used. My F150 has chrome bumpers and I have thought about trying it on them, but I don't want to use something that is abrasive on the chrome since the bumpers are in brand new condition. Is the Collinite 850 safe to use?

I would say applying with a microfiber would be fine. It is not a heavy duty abrasive, it's more like an AIO for metal. I use it with steel wool on heavily soiled metals or just a microfiber for those in better condition.

I would think that it would be fine. AG product page describes it as a non abrasive polish.

Collinite Metal Wax # 850 is an easy-to-use liquid metal polish that eliminates unsightly rust, tarnish, and salt deposits on marine, automotive, and aeronautical metals. The nonabrasive formula safely removes discoloration and oxidation without pitting or scratching the metal, even highly polished metal such as chrome.

Collinite Metal Wax # 850

I have some Collinite 850 that has
never been used.
My F150 has chrome bumpers and I
have thought about trying it on them,

but I don't want to use something that
is abrasive on the chrome since the
bumpers are in brand new condition.

Is the Collinite 850 safe to use?

http://www.collinite.com/assets/Uploads/Product-Tech-Sheets-PDF/TTech850pdf.pdf

From the above Collinite #850's Tech Sheet:
• NOT specifically designed for clean,
or otherwise unblemished metals.
• Contains medium cut cleaning agents/abrasives
• Only apply to tarnished, discolored or
weathered surfaces in need of restoration.

I keep in mind that:
Different people have different
definitions of "what is safe".

Bob

Thanks for that info from Collinite Bob.

Disregard my comment then, it does not seem suited for your application on a new surface.

Hmm guess my best bet to protecting Chrome is the Mothers Chrome spray stuff...

Just use your 845, or any other wax or sealant you want.

I think the polishes are what you have to be more concerned about, but I think it would take a fairly aggressive one to scratch chrome.?

Just use your 845, or any other wax or sealant you want.

I think the polishes are what you have to be more concerned about, but I think it would take a fairly aggressive one to scratch chrome.?

This. No need to overthink it.

Cool didn't know I could throw the 845 on there.

Back