car wax comparison - cg butter wet wax - menz color lock - cg 5050

Butter Wet Wax gets a bad rap, mostly due to its lack of longevity. It is super easy to use.....easy on, easy off. nice wet shine.....see pic below...
Can not speak to Color Lock or 50/50, but I can tell you that Chemical Guys Pete's 53 is a very underrated wax, imo...

View attachment 51948

I've been using cg 50/50 for awhile now. Really nice to apply and wipe off. With good results on mostly darker cars, haven't used it on anything light.

BWW is just not a durable wax. Gives a really nice wet look to darker cars but that's pretty much it. To me, BWW is just ease of application. You can apply it to a still wet car no issues.

I bought the cg bww and dislike it. probably never going to use it. I've used cg products before & liked them, but this wax didn't do anything for me. probably why it's on sale. where about's are you from ? if shipping don't kill me I'll send it to you. bottom line is get something else you'll hate the bww.
hmardown

Out of those those 3, I would get Menzerna Colorlock. Also, another wax to check out is Collinite Wax #845. Never used it but always see great reviews on it.

I like the CG 50/50, but Petes 53 is better. Skip the BWW. Remember AG price matches!

I'm not a fan of BWW. Used it 4 times - really giving it a chance to grow on me - but it's just not a product I like. Of the CG's on your list, my vote goes to 53.

And just to be that guy and go off rail here, you should try Four Star Ultimate Paint Protection. It's a sealant, but delivers that warm glow one expects from a quality wax. And being a sealant, ease of usage is tops; easy on, easy off. This stuff rocks.

As my friend told me that glazes or liquid waxes like CG BWW is like make up for ladies it doesn't do anything and is only temporary, so it is a waste of money. He in fact worked at the warehouse in CG before they moved locations. To be honest CG 50/50 is a really great wax I would use it if you had bright colors like a Metallic Red, Blue, Orange, and etc. Even thou it is a really great wax, another great CG wax is Petes 53 and XXX. If you have normal color that is not too bright use Pete's 53 or XXX. If you are in a hurry and taking a car to a meet or a show then Butter Wet Wax would be good for only a temporary quick detail. I have used it on my Black 06 Mustang GT which I like it but only for quick detail when I go on dates, other than that Pete's 53, XXX, or 50/50. Price wise XXX is the cheapest but good quality you will be satisfied with it.

I have BWW, Pete's 53, and XXX, out of these 3. Pete's 53 is by far the best. XXX is great, and BWW looks good, but like others have said it doesn't last long. Right now I mostly use BWW to clean, as the natural oils are good for small stains, Generally ones that come from door jambs, the gunk that comes out of there. BWW works great on that. XXX is not too expensive, so if you want to stay under $30, it would be a good choice.

So another vote for Pete's 53. :)

I tossed my BWW in the garbage. Pete's 53 is excellent and 50/50 is too for nubas. Typical nuba longevity, about 4-6 weeks on a dd non garaged car. WG 3.0 Sealant is a good choice and if you want shine and wetness you can't beat this combo, you get two great products at a great price:

BLACKFIRE Wet-Ice Over Fire Combo

I bought the cg bww and dislike it. probably never going to use it. I've used cg products before & liked them, but this wax didn't do anything for me. probably why it's on sale. where about's are you from ? if shipping don't kill me I'll send it to you. bottom line is get something else you'll hate the bww.
hmardown

San Jose, CA 95118

Let me know.

Thanks!

Butter Wet Wax is real nice but the longevity $ucks. Collinite 845 is awesome. Lasts long, protects awesome, super easy on, super easy off

I'll go tomorrow & see what shipping will cost me. I went to the post office website but couldn't get an idea of shipping cost. if it's under 5 bucks you'll be getting an early birthday present. I'll let you know.
hmardown

I honestly keep bww to remove fresh road paint off of cars.. Easy to use and I know it'll be gone in two weeks.

Back