Mike need your help ASAP!

medicscott

Reaction score
Working on a 2013 Bentley. Paint is super soft. I have a winning combo dialed in with Blackfire SRC Compound and Finishing polish using a BS 5.5" Microfiber on a GG21 Boss. When I do the final wipe on my test spot no matter what towel I use, new, used, large nap, short nap, I can't get it to come off without installing micro scratches back into the paint. Any ideas here on how to wipe the product off without introducing micro scratches back into the black paint!?!

I'm not behind a computer, but on an iPad mini so I can't speed type out in-depth answers like I normally do.

Two cheater techniques for soft paint

1: Don't worry about it. Use a quality wax or sealant that dries and this will take the end results to 100% visual perfection.

2: Replace the polishing step with a jeweling wax or follow the last finishing step with a jeweling wax and this will take the end results to 100% visual perfection.

You can also try a high quality LIGHT cutting or light cleaning cleaner/wax for your last step and this will save the day.

Quit inspecting with a light more powerful than the sun can help too.

:)

Mike, I dialed it in with Blackfire finishing polish, then jeweled with Menzerna 4500, wipe with an optimum pre packaged towel. I still have to prep it for Opti-Coat Pro Plus, but I'll worry about that later. Your suggestion was dead on! Thanks for saving my ass.

Scott

Mike, I dialed it in with Blackfire finishing polish, then jeweled with Menzerna 4500, wipe with an optimum pre packaged towel. I still have to prep it for Opti-Coat Pro Plus, but I'll worry about that later. Your suggestion was dead on! Thanks for saving my ass.

Scott

Would love to see pictures

I'll do a write up on the car when it's done. We are 25 hrs in and there's no end in sight. 1/2 way done. It looks sick.

Wow if the paint is that soft, sems likely the next wash and dry instill the micro-marring? Just curious...

ScottH

Wow if the paint is that soft, sems likely the next wash and dry instill the micro-marring? Just curious...

ScottH

Hoping once the Opti-Coat Pro Plus is installed and ONR is used to maintain the vehicle that the heavy swirling will go away. Will have to be air dried with a blower.

I just did a multi step on a black jeep (one side wrecked) and I'm in love with the Optimum Coating Paint Prep Spray for a safe wipe down and removing polishing oils.

Back