PDA

View Full Version : Do you use air fresheners?

Pages : [1] 2

Eldorado2k
09-16-2016, 05:22 PM
It's been many years since I've used any kind of air freshener in my own vehicle.. I used to use those leaf [similar to trees] hang up fresheners and replace weekly, the purple blackberry was my fav. scent. But nowadays I don't use anything, just the scent of Megs D180 gets me by whenever I apply.

I saw this and thought it might be good for customers vehicles. This is the kind you just spray onto the carpets right?

Poorboy's World Air Freshener 16 oz. - Strawberry, Poorboy's World Air Freshener, Strawberry air freshener, car deodorizer (http://www.autogeek.net/poorboys-strawberry-scent.html)

Does anyone use something like this for customers or personal vehicles? Or what kind of air freshener do you like, if any?

Jeremy1976
09-16-2016, 05:25 PM
No. Not in my personal vehicles or customer vehicles. If you keep the car clean you shouldn't have any fowl odors. Air freshners, especially hanging ones, are tacky in my opinion and make me think dirty and gross when I see them.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

shadwell
09-16-2016, 05:29 PM
I just use the leather cleaner and conditioner (bowdens own) in this case as it's designed for vinyl covered leather and smells of leather...
Just wish that exact smell lasted longer....

Eldorado2k
09-16-2016, 05:36 PM
No. Not in my personal vehicles or customer vehicles. If you keep the car clean you shouldn't have any fowl odors. Air freshners, especially hanging ones, are tacky in my opinion and make me think dirty and gross when I see them.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

That's weird because I've sort of taken on this same exact mindset ever since I seriously got back into detailing about 3yrs. ago.. Prior to that [before I knew the difference between a squirrel and a swirl] I used to like the leaf, and made sure to replace it every Friday.

But nowadays, I guess it does sort of make me think of "cheap" and unnecessary.. Similar in the way of dripping wet super shiny tires vs. clean black/almost matte tires. And greasy, slick, shiny Armor All looking interior vs. clean matte, crisp leather inteior.

But once in a while I'll get into someone else's car and they have an air freshener and it reminds me of the days of old. In a good way, because I'm kinda big on scents. But the little voice on the other shoulder tells me they're tacky and unnecessary. Lol.

asianisafish
09-16-2016, 05:40 PM
I use the squash air freshener. It's in a little tray and I have it double stick tape under the dash near the vent for air that goes to your feet so that way you don't see it, and every time you turn the fan on, it'll blast the scent a little more

Eldorado2k
09-16-2016, 05:43 PM
I just use the leather cleaner and conditioner (bowdens own) in this case as it's designed for vinyl covered leather and smells of leather...
Just wish that exact smell lasted longer....

I feel the same way about Megs D180 Leather Cleaner & Conditioner. Smells amazing but you're lucky if it lasts more than a couple days.. I wish the scent would last at least a week. If it did I'd make sure to re apply every 7 days.

I sampled the Wolfgang Leather Cleaner & Conditioner and the scent reminded me of dry oatmeal. Not appealing. Lol.

Maestro Sam
09-16-2016, 05:49 PM
I feel the same way about Megs D180 Leather Cleaner & Conditioner. Smells amazing but you're lucky if it lasts more than a couple days.. I wish the scent would last at least a week. If it did I'd make sure to re apply every 7 days.

I sampled the Wolfgang Leather Cleaner & Conditioner and the scent reminded me of dry oatmeal. Not appealing. Lol.

LOL thats funny

GSKR
09-16-2016, 06:12 PM
I use the squash air freshener. It's in a little tray and I have it double stick tape under the dash near the vent for air that goes to your feet so that way you don't see it, and every time you turn the fan on, it'll blast the scent a little morepeople are raving about that product.

swanicyouth
09-16-2016, 06:42 PM
I don't use air fresheners in cars. But, I got a bunch of In Duo air freshners from AG free a while ago, I use around the house & and they are nice.

The scent is subtle and it's not fake smelling.
So, for someone interested in using them - I think these are the best.

WAXOFF
09-16-2016, 08:30 PM
I love Love Little Trees in my Jeep. I usually have several hanging from my mirror. Not fussy about which scent. I try them all.

rlmccarty2000
09-16-2016, 08:56 PM
I like a little spray of something like PBs Strawberry or CGs Cherry. It doesn't last long, but I really wouldn't want it to overpower me every time I got into the car. I usually give it a spray after vacuuming. Different strokes for different folks.

Jimmy Vegas
09-16-2016, 09:15 PM
I'll throw a Wonder Wafer "Clean Car" under the passenger seat every month or so.

WillSports3
09-16-2016, 09:42 PM
I just use carpro so2pure all around the car, keeps it a nice neutral smell. Lasts a crazy long time too.

SKorch630
09-16-2016, 10:45 PM
I personally leave it as an option for clients. If they wish to have the car bombed or sprayed with an air freshener, I'm not going to stop them :)

hoyt66
09-17-2016, 03:17 AM
Love these. I wedge a "new car" canister under the seat of my challenger every spring and throw one in my detail bag in the trunk. In my dd I use a vent clip of either spring air or new car scent. I see AG does not carry these anymore. Bummer.