PDA

View Full Version : Product Suggestion: Removal of Asphalt Road Grinding's

Oxen72
09-25-2016, 02:21 PM
I've managed to get asphalt road grinding's all over the side & underneath my vehicle.

A road crew was in the middle of grinding the highway down in preparation for repaving when a rain storm cropped up. It rained for several days, and water puddles mixed with this stuff developed .. couldn't help but drive through it.

I noticed what looked like mud splatter down the side of the vehicle & concentrated behind the wheel wells .. just thought it was mud at first. After washing, the "mud" remained. It looks little black dots .. I can run my fingernails across the paint & the stuff will gather underneath, but will not come off otherwise.

I tried SuperClean (usually use for road grease) and it didn't break it up. What would be best to remove this stuff?

GSKR
09-25-2016, 03:17 PM
Some say wd 40. Me personally haven't tried it yet.Gas or lacquer thinner will remove it,but if you are timid using hardcore solvents try wd40 or a tar remover.The key is letting it dwell on there to soften it up then wipe.

Rsurfer
09-25-2016, 04:56 PM
Kerosene works well and it's cheap.

Oxen72
09-25-2016, 10:38 PM
Anything on-the-shelf? What about the Stoner "Tarminator" stuff?

Would this be safe on the plastic wheel well liners?

Rsurfer
09-26-2016, 02:43 AM
Anything on-the-shelf? What about the Stoner "Tarminator" stuff?

Would this be safe on the plastic wheel well liners?

You can pick up kerosene at any hardware or paint store. If you decide to use Tarminator and it does stain the plastic, you can always use CG Bare Bones to dress it back to black.