303 Protectant Review!! Pics

trhland

Reaction score
JOE-DONT SLEEP ON IT- WAS KIND OF NICE TO GIVE ME A SAMPLE OF 303 PROTECTANT AT- DETAIL FEST NJ-:D ANYWAY SO TODAY I GAVE IT A TRY AND HAVE TO SAY ITS VERY NICE GIVES A NICE CLEAN LOOK TO THE DASH. ITS NOT SLIMYand GREASY . JUST A NICE CLEAN LOOK. VERY CLOSE TO THE OPTIMUM INTEROR PROTECTANT IVE BEEN USEING. THE ONLY THING DIFFERENT FROM THE OPTIMUM IS IT HAS A LITTLE MORE CLEANING ABILITY. I FELT BUT ALL AND ALL THE 303 IS VERY NICE.I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS !! HERES A COUPLE PICS

Last edited:
Thanks for the review Tom. That was nice of Dontsleeponit to give you the sample. Looks like you guys had a good time at the "meet and greet".

glad you liked it tom. I think it was good on my dash, have to make sure to spread it even. I like it even more for exterior trim. Thats my favorite use. It leaves a nice deep black finish on trim and I feel like it lasts a long time. Some other exterior dressing I was using awhile ago would turn brown in a week or two, not 303.

I have been a big proponent of 303 for a while. I especially like what it does to polished wood on the interior. I use it on leather, vinyl, etc. The customers really appreciate the SPF it adds. The only thing I don't like is the cost, although I was able to buy some for 50% off last year and have a decent supply for now.

I used to use it (still have a 1/2 bottle left) and it left a wonderful matte look.

Tom your gonna have to let me know if you see any out of the ordinary dust collecting on your dash. I have a feeling its not because of the 303, but you never know.

I think its because my car doesnt have a cabin filter.

I have been using 303. In the end the preference for protectant seems to be depend on how you like the finished appearance. The actual protection is less obvious. 303 leaves a fairly nice matte finish. I think some like more "pop" but it is all about personal preference. I ran a test of 303 vs Mothers Protectant side by side on my dash and except for the initial look (Mothers was glossier) I could not tell any real difference after 4 or more weeks.

303 is very nice, but it gives a little too much gloss for me, so I just don't use it on a dashboard.

it has a nice look a little more than satin, best thing is it has a great UV protector in it.

:cool:Tom..thanks for taking your time to do the review

:cool:Tom..thanks for taking your time to do the review
no [prob. also i would like to add .optimum verse 303. i prefer optimum . because it has a little less gloss and does have a light cleaner in it.

I recently tried some 303 Protectant on black plastic and was a little streaky. I'm not sure I care for the product that much. I hate products that streak. Has anyone else had a problem with streaks using 303 Protectant?

I recently tried some 303 Protectant on black plastic and was a little streaky. I'm not sure I care for the product that much. I hate products that streak. Has anyone else had a problem with streaks using 303 Protectant?

How do you apply it? I usually apply 303 to a terry cloth or foam applicator, spread on the surface so it goes on fairly uniformly, let stand for maybe 5 min, and buff off fairly with microfiber towel.

Yes gary I know what you mean. When I use it on the dash, I spray it on a MF applicator and try to apply it light ly and as even as possible, it dries in a few minutes and works good for me that way.

On exterior plastic and trim, I apply it with a foam applicator, very thin again, and I let it dry. When Im done with the whole car ill go back and buff it with a MF towel lightly, and it comes out nice.

I know the buffing is another step that kills time, but I really like the look of 303 on the outside trim on my car, and people say it protects very well, so its worth it for me. Maybe not the best for a professional, due to the cost too.

Tom, any signs of extra dash dust?

Yes gary I know what you mean. When I use it on the dash, I spray it on a MF applicator and try to apply it light ly and as even as possible, it dries in a few minutes and works good for me that way.

On exterior plastic and trim, I apply it with a foam applicator, very thin again, and I let it dry. When Im done with the whole car ill go back and buff it with a MF towel lightly, and it comes out nice.

I know the buffing is another step that kills time, but I really like the look of 303 on the outside trim on my car, and people say it protects very well, so its worth it for me. Maybe not the best for a professional, due to the cost too.

Tom, any signs of extra dash dust?
i just went outside to check and so far so good but its only been a day. what ill do is monday when i pull up to a house to do the fall cleanup ill leave my windows open as i blow off th e property and see if any dust gets on the dash:D

i just went outside to check and so far so good but its only been a day. what ill do is monday when i pull up to a house to do the fall cleanup ill leave my windows open as i blow off th e property and see if any dust gets on the dash:D

lol I appreciate the offer, but really don't do that :D

Back