How to cleanup spilled milk?

tenreasy

Reaction score
Need advice. Milk spilled on the rear passenger area carpet. It was about 1/2 gal but a lot spilled on the rubber mat. Removed as much as possible with paper towels. Brought the car immediately to a nearby car wash detailer. He vacuumed and shampooed the car. Anything else I need to do to prevent milk odors? Hope I do not have to replace the carpet and pad.

If he used an extractor, then you should be good.

Steam clean. Removes odor, cleans, and kills any bacteria or mold. Being you acted "immediately" on it you should be good depending on how well the detailer did.

This is a case where a carpet extractor is your only hope. Steam ain't gonna suck the milk out of your carpet, that's for sure.

Just wondering:
Did this accidental spill
happen in a Cattle-ac?

•Let's see: You've already initiated
steps to eliminate the milk spill.
-Next up: making sure those steps
have also eliminated the chance for any
of that hideous "soured milk" odor to occur.
-It may take a little while to ensure that
that will be the case.

•In the meantime...(even though by
profession I'm not a Psycowlogist)...
-I'll suggest that you sit back and relax
to some moo-sic by the Moo-dy Blues;
-Or, perhaps: go take in a moo-vie.

Bob

A few years ago a gallon of milk spilled in the back of my wifes car and sat there for a week. In order to get rid of the smell I took the car to a detail shop and they remover the carpet and power washed it and they replaced the padding. After that the smell was gone.

A few years ago a gallon of milk spilled in the back of my wifes car and sat there for a week. In order to get rid of the smell I took the car to a detail shop and they remover the carpet and power washed it and they replaced the padding. After that the smell was gone.

Well hopefully for this case we don't have to remove the cars, carpet, & padding on the Highlander. Sounds pretty expensive. Crossing my fingers that it was caught quickly enough so that the extraction & shampoo will do the job.

Back