Mothers Detailing Brush Set [2pk]

Eldorado2k

Reaction score
I recently purchased the 2pk. Mothers Detailing Brush Set. I was kind of expecting the bristles to be a bit softer, [they have feathered nylon bristles] but I think I'll end up liking them just the way they are once I find a good use for them 1 day.

Question for the people who have these brushes: What task or odd job have you found them to be really great for? Different brushes excel for different tasks, I'm trying to get an idea where I can maybe dedicate these 2 brushes for before I use them for the 1st time.

Post your experiences or thoughts on this set of brushes. Thx.

I like them for getting old wax out of crevices. Or interior for getting the crevices. The bristles arent to robust though, they bunch up and render the brush useless after a bit. I think the flaggin of the bristles gets tangled together or something.

I like them for getting old wax out of crevices. Or interior for getting the crevices. The bristles arent to robust though, they bunch up and render the brush useless after a bit. I think the flaggin of the bristles gets tangled together or something.

Mine showed up mangled & tangled... That was the 1st thing I noticed. I haven't even removed the display cardboard hang up they come in. I wish I could post a picture of them but I can't now that the app doesn't work... I really miss the AGO iphone app.

I might just dedicate 1 of them for brushing my cat. I bet she'd love that! Lol.

I use them for cleaning up plastic textured trim.

I bet these brushes are perfect for those spots in between emblems/letters that can often be caked with contaminants due to never getting proper attention on some vehicles. Only thing left to do is decide what liquid to choose for the perticular level of contamination. I would think a heavier dilution of Megs D114 [15:1] might be a good and safe place to start.

I bet these brushes are perfect for those spots in between emblems/letters that can often be caked with contaminants due to never getting proper attention on some vehicles. Only thing left to do is decide what liquid to choose for the perticular level of contamination. I would think a heavier dilution of Megs D114 [15:1] might be a good and safe place to start.

The brush worked perfectly for this.. There's always been some baked on grit in between the SLS emblem on the rear of my car that I could never clean up, all my other detailing brushes are too soft to be able to clean it off. [I don't use toothbrushes for detailing] But this Mothers brush worked great at cleaning it all off w/D114. Didn't scratch anything either. Thumbs up to these brushes so far.

The bristles are dead on for everything except white walls .Awesome leather agitation brush.

Sir.... I've just admitted in another thread that I have way too many brushes. You are not helping. lol

Sir.... I've just admitted in another thread that I have way too many brushes. You are not helping. lol

I've got it even worse... This is my thread about my new brush, and you guys are sitting here raving about some other new brush... And you won't even provide the link so I have to go search for it now. Lol.

How many do you have so far? Did you look up the Atlasta? The blue one is the one you'd want (in case you're wondering).

The brush worked perfectly for this.. There's always been some baked on grit in between the SLS emblem on the rear of my car that I could never clean up, all my other detailing brushes are too soft to be able to clean it off. [I don't use toothbrushes for detailing] But this Mothers brush worked great at cleaning it all off w/D114. Didn't scratch anything either. Thumbs up to these brushes so far.

Have you ever used a stencil paint brush (art supply sellers) or back taped (taping with the sticky side facing outward. So the tape doesn't slip: start taping on the ferrule the normal way a couple wraps, half twist the roll of tape so the sticky side faces out, tape up the bristles as far as desired.)) a detail brush about half way up from the ferrule?

How many do you have so far? Did you look up the Atlasta? The blue one is the one you'd want (in case you're wondering).

Not including tire brushes right? Including these 2 Mothers brushes, just 6. The little SM Arnold detailing brushes had been my favorite.. But lately they seem a little too soft for their own good at times. I need to try cutting the bristles down on 1 of them to try and fix that issue.

I'm going to look up the Atlasta brush now.

Have you ever used a stencil paint brush (art supply sellers) or back taped (taping with the sticky side facing outward. So the tape doesn't slip: start taping on the ferrule the normal way a couple wraps, half twist the roll of tape so the sticky side faces out, tape up the bristles as far as desired.)) a detail brush about half way up from the ferrule?

I've got to read that a 4th time... I don't get it.

I just checked out the Atlasta brush. Looks pretty good, I'll probably pick 1 up. Thx.

I just checked out the Atlasta brush. Looks pretty good, I'll probably pick 1 up. Thx.

It's really handy when you want a little more bite than the SM Arnold one you mentioned (I like them, too. Have two).

I use it for digging in & around the calipers - I have Brembos, no issues. Engine bay & suspension area, where the soft stuff are too whimpy and the larger ones are too awkward or won't fit. Oh, and the area where the tire & wheel lip meets. Get the trapped stuff out in a jiffy.

Back