What is your current Tire Coating

hdez

Reaction score
After not having a good experience with McKee's Tire Coating, I want to try another one, currently I'm looking at these two:

Not sure if BlackFire is almost the same formula as McKee, so if anyone can provide that info, would be great. I'm more interested in a matte finish but if it's "shinny" doesn't bother me, what is more important to me is durability. Other options would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I'm getting the TUF Shine Tire Cleaner to see if is equals to McKee's Tire Rejuvenator in terms of cleaning ability.

Thanks!

idk i used black onyx tire gel but i dont think i would call it a matte finish, i think most o them are kinda glossy it looks good though, buy the sample size first

I'm still pretty amazed at the longevity I'm getting from the TW coating. Tires still looked good after 5 months on my DD but I wiped another two coats on to get me through the winter.

Tuff Shine.

Paid 50 bills for a LARGE bottle of it a few years ago. Should last me til I need to coat the tires on my walker or wheel chair...

Gyeon tire coat
What is the durability on this one? Looks good.

I'm still pretty amazed at the longevity I'm getting from the TW coating. Tires still looked good after 5 months on my DD but I wiped another two coats on to get me through the winter.
I hear that product was discontinued, is there a new formula?

Tuff Shine.

Paid 50 bills for a LARGE bottle of it a few years ago. Should last me til I need to coat the tires on my walker or wheel chair...

What about the durability?

A "coating" of Optimum Opti-Bond...:xyxthumbs:

Bob

Experimented with the Blackfire Total Trim/Tire Sealant......matte finish.....decent longevity.....being a 'tire shine' guy, though, I'm going back to Chemical Guys VRP....love it for tires

What was the issue with McKees? I actually love the stuff

After not having a good experience with McKee's Tire Coating, I want to try another one, currently I'm looking at these two:

Not sure if BlackFire is almost the same formula as McKee, so if anyone can provide that info, would be great. I'm more interested in a matte finish but if it's "shinny" doesn't bother me, what is more important to me is durability. Other options would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I'm getting the TUF Shine Tire Cleaner to see if is equals to McKee's Tire Rejuvenator in terms of cleaning ability.

Thanks!

I ofcoarse have been using TW for quite a while now, usually get a solid 6 weeks out of the coating before I feel I "need" to reapply a single, light coat to boost it again. Now I have 4 more bottles of it, so I'm good for quite a while but I tested a new coating a couple monthes ago that people are going to like, so keep an eye out for it come spring!

My current tire coating is DP which is now McKee's. Never had an issue with it. I reapply every 3-4 months.

Thanks!

Blackfire is not the same formula as McKee's. From the two choices you listed they are on complete opposite sides of the spectrum. One being an actual tire coating while the other is a water based protectant.

Gyeon tire coat

Good stuff. Not quite a coating but a very good tire product. Decent longevity.

What was the issue with McKees? I actually love the stuff

Same here. I like it.

WETS(Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant)

Crazy good durability, and Natural black look.

Same here. Going into month four and they just started to look like they could use a refresh. I'll be changing over to snows soon so I'll wait till spring.

So glad I was able to find a bottle. Just can't understand why they no longer make it. Great product!

Detail King Super Blue best so far in our Michigan winter. The shine diminished a tad after a few snowy days. This is a solvent based tire dressing and from what I understand any water based dressing may even diminish much more than a solvent based dressing. Maybe another key point should be stripping the old dressing off first which is what I did. I've used many dressing products in the past and they were all washed away as soon as the rains came or even brush cleaning the tire during a wash.

Back