PDA

View Full Version : Does Meguiars make any bad products?

Pages : [1] 2 3

eyedrop
10-19-2016, 10:25 PM
Ive tested countless products from many different companies, and its always a hit and miss.

But to be honest, Ive never purchased a truly bad Meguiars product. There are some that I dont care for as much, but they always have atleast some redeeming qualities. Even their low-end OTC offerings are atleast "adequate" in a marketplace that's saturated with garbage (blue coral, black magic, etc...)

And to be clear, Im not a Meguiars fanboy by any means. You can ALWAYS find a better product than theirs in every category.

When blind buying OTC stuff at wallyworld and autozone, or making quick recommendations to friends/family, I always default to Meg's. Never felt like I wasted my money...

custmsprty
10-19-2016, 10:32 PM
How about a thread title that says " What are your favorite Meguiar's Products and Why?

jcaustin87
10-19-2016, 11:18 PM
I dunno, but they discontinued an AMAZING rinseless wash product. :)

willowcat11
10-20-2016, 01:31 AM
They make a lot of great stuff, that is for sure! But I will tell you, there Is one product that I became very disappointed in. And that being ultimate black! No matter how much I prepped the exterior trim for a vehicle, and what special technique that was occassionally proposed to get it to adhere and work properly, It always left me wanting more. It wasn't until I discovered WETS(or it discovered me��) That I was released from that OCD igniting product. For me it was just a very finicky product. Many others liked it, and I am cool with that. I just didn't get along with it, and it was better that we went our seperate ways.lol

emmjay
10-20-2016, 01:37 AM
From what I have used so far, I have not disliked anything.

M205
UC
UP
D156
D101
UQD
UQW
Endurance tire gel
QID
NXT wash soap
Spray bottles
Wash mitt
Foam applicators
NXT Techwax 2.0
Supreme shine towels
Clay kit
Odor bomb thing

Liked them all and love a few.
------------
I have some natural shine protectant that I have not used and some scratch x that I have not used. I have a feeling I will not like scratch x one bit - dont see a use for it.

Zubair
10-20-2016, 03:06 AM
M105, compared to other compounds is bad.

VISITOR
10-20-2016, 03:13 AM
many product lines have some fantastic products and then there are a going to be a few duds, that's why it's best to not limit yourself...

KBsToy
10-20-2016, 06:00 AM
Price wise Meguiars products that do a good job...

GSKR
10-20-2016, 06:09 AM
Meguairs is a true and trusted company that has been around a long time.I think there products are affordable and spot on.There always pushing the envelope to be better and that's all I care about.No complaints here.

FUNX650
10-20-2016, 09:29 AM
You can ALWAYS find a better product
than theirs in every category.

Goodness Gracious..
What a testimonial!!

Doesn't really evoke visions
of grandeur, does it...

Bob

Fast Eddie
10-20-2016, 09:38 AM
I have a shelf stacked with Megs products, love most of them. And I'm a regular user of M105, great compound.

Tempest45
10-20-2016, 09:54 AM
D101 is probably the worst detailing product that I have purchased. Other products have been decent to very good. Especially D114 and D115.

Desertnate
10-20-2016, 10:41 AM
I've only come across two products from Meguiars I didn't like: Hot Shine Tire Spray and Ultimate Protectant when used on exterior trim. Meguiars claims the protectant can be used on both interior and exterior, but I found it only works well on interior trim.

The rest are all winners and a great value.

osiapstndp
10-20-2016, 10:52 AM
M105 cuts and finishes well, but its working time is short when compared to more modern compounds. In comparison to Griot's Fast Correcting Cream, for example, M105 dusts too much for my liking.

Every other Meguiar's product I use is top notch.

Jaretr1
10-20-2016, 10:53 AM
NXT Spray Wax which I think and hope has been discontinued was teh worst detailing product ever. It was next to impossible to remove once spread out. It sucked.

Ultimate Black isnt that great either.