PDA

View Full Version : Einszett Nextzett wheel cleaner...

ptcary
11-01-2016, 08:39 AM
Bottle of Colortec wheel cleaner arrived with a sticker on it not to use on powdercoat?

Does it damage it?

WaxMaster1
11-01-2016, 08:50 AM
Hmmmm. It's going to be your call. I found this..... "1Z Einszett ColourTec Wheel Cleaner provides immense cleaning power, yet is safe for anodized, polished aluminum, chrome, painted, and powder coated wheels (including matte finishes)! If it works on German brakes it will work great on any car!"

ptcary
11-01-2016, 08:53 AM
Thanks!
Amazon had the best clarification I could find. Stated not for powdercoat that does not have a clearcoat over it.

FUNX650
11-01-2016, 09:07 AM
Bottle of Colortec wheel cleaner arrived with
a sticker on it not to use on powdercoat?

Does it damage it?
That's gotta be the reason for that sticker,
as well as the same message that's found
on its AGO product description page:
"Not for use on powdercoated wheels".

Nextzett ColorTec Wheel Cleaner, color changing wheel cleaner, german brake dust remover (http://www.autogeek.net/1z-colourtec-wheel-cleaner.html)

•Something else to think about:
-The "Nextzett" branded products may
have been tweaked a little bit from their
"1Z Einszett" halcyon days of yore.

Bob

chefwong
11-01-2016, 09:15 AM
I actually called 1Z after getting a bottle with that sticker as I use this alot....moreso than FE. I like this more.
It was due to a isolated incident, some posting on the forums, etc, etc so they put the disclaimer on

Granted, how many PC wheels are cleared, is really dependant on the finish....
I've used this on tons of wheels, PC, with no clear and no issues. Product just dwells long enough for me to give it a quick scour and the pressure washer does miracles on it. Minimal scrubbing needed....

Deuce2High
04-27-2017, 12:11 AM
I actually called 1Z after getting a bottle with that sticker as I use this alot....moreso than FE. I like this more.
It was due to a isolated incident, some posting on the forums, etc, etc so they put the disclaimer on

Granted, how many PC wheels are cleared, is really dependant on the finish....
I've used this on tons of wheels, PC, with no clear and no issues. Product just dwells long enough for me to give it a quick scour and the pressure washer does miracles on it. Minimal scrubbing needed....

Thanks for the info. Got the same sticker on my bottle, after doing a lot of research to find a tough wheel cleaner that was generally safe. Guess I'll just have to be careful.

Setec Astronomy
04-27-2017, 05:51 AM
Does this stuff have the fluorescent green dye in it like the Sonax FE? I'd guess that's what they are worried about.