OT: Styrofoam Alternatives for Shipping from AG

chefwong

Reaction score
AG Team :

With 2017 around the corner, here's hoping you guys are finding/looking into more environmentally friendly products than the styrofoam peanuts you use. It's great the the shipped product is well protected, the downside is the impact that styrofoam has .

AG Team :

With 2017 around the corner, here's hoping you guys are finding/looking into more environmentally friendly products than the styrofoam peanuts you use. It's great the the shipped product is well protected, the downside is the impact that styrofoam has .
I always ask for paper in the comments section and they take care of me. I also HATE the peanuts!:)

I like the peanuts that dissolve with water.

That said 99% of my orders come wrapped in paper.

They have had a paper option since at least 2009. Mention it in the order comments. See Meghan's post at the bottom of the first page: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/off-topic/18697-autogeeks-packing-material-meghan-max.html

I like the peanuts that dissolve with water.

I like those too; I've asked but they don't seem to like the idea (I'm sure they are much more expensive, and perhaps there are technical reasons).

Nothing ticks you off more than opening a box from AG and getting packing pnuts spread all over your garage. Make sure you specify paper in the comments.

IMG_15453.JPG

Bob

When I forget to request paper I save the box with peanuts and drop it off to the local UPS Store. They accept clean peanuts and bubble wrap for reuse.

Back