Liquid product application

dontsleeponit

Reaction score
I was just wondering, what is everyone preferred method for applying liquid products like liquid waxes, sealants, glazes, paint cleaners, etc...

Foam applicator?
MF Applicator?
PC or UDM?

Foam applicator by hand for all LSPs for me. Paste or liquid. Circular motions to apply and back and forth, north to south motions with a microfiber to remove.

PC for paste wax etc, foam applicator for liquid.

Same here for paste waxes I use the PC and liquid I do it with a applicator.

I'm the opposite ... paste by hand and liquid by machine...

For sealants and paint cleaners I usually spin the pad slowly and then pour a thin bead of product around the middle to edge of the pad.

I'm the opposite ... paste by hand and liquid by machine...

Same with me, pastes are so easy to use by hand I dont see why you would want to use the PC, but again thats why I started this thread to see what people like

Budman, I dont know if you use or have ever used it, but what do you prefer for DG105?

All my last steps are with either a foam or mf app. Unless I am using xmt360 or pb PwS then it is pc

Thank's Bill!! As much as I love winter I dont want to stop detailing just yet!! I used the Tech Wax on my Snowmobiles and WOW they look AWESOME!!!

Budman, I dont know if you use or have ever used it, but what do you prefer for DG105?

I actually just recieved some 105 in the mail on Friday ... have not used it though. I believe that Al-53 said that it should be used by hand only. Zaino and Surf City are two other companies that say the same thing. I prefer using liqud polishes with the PC because its fast and easy. You may end up using more product and the product may not work as designed. I'll probably end up using it by hand...

Liquid LSP's via a finishing pad on the PC... paste waxes by hand...

By hand with a pad on most LSPs...Liquid cleaners etc goes on with soft pad and PC (most of them)

Liquid waxes/Sealants= By hand with foam pad
Cleaners/ AIO's=PC

Back