PDA

View Full Version : Desperately need help choosing a STEAMER...Dupray? Vapor Chief? Mytee?

Pages : [1] 2

98LowRanger
11-30-2016, 02:34 PM
I have already read quite a few threads and still don't feel like I am any closer to making a decision on a new steamer to replace my old McCulloch. I'm really looking for feedback from people who have actually used or own these machines. It's quite a bit of money and something that I only want to purchase once. Here are my "narrowed down" options:

Dupray ONE Plus Steam Cleaner
Max Temp: 330 degrees F
Max Pressure: 65 psi
Heating Time: 8 minutes
Continuous Refill: Yes
Pressure Control: Yes
Boiler Capacity: 1.5L
Boiler Warranty: Lifetime
Price: $849

Dupray Tosca Steam Cleaner
Max Temp: 316 degrees F
Max Pressure: 72.5 psi
Heating Time: 7 minutes
Continuous Refill: No
Boiler Capacity: 4L
Price: $996

Vapor Systems VX 5000
Max Temp: 298 degrees F
Heating Time: ?
Continuous Refill:
Pressure Control: 3 settings
Boiler Capacity: 3.5L
Boiler Warranty: 2 years
Price: $799

Mytee 1500 Focus Vapor Steamer
Max Temp: 350 degrees F
Max Pressure: 55 psi
Heating Time: 10 minutes
Pressure Control:
Boiler Capacity: 5 gallon (18.9L)
Boiler Warranty:

Vapor Chief "Single" Pro 75 Commercial Steam Cleaner
Max Temp: 325 degrees F
Max Pressure: 75 psi
Heating Time: 8-9 minutes
Continuous Refill:
Boiler Capacity: 3.1L
Price: $649 (this week)

So on paper I am leaning a little towards the Vapor Chief due to such similar specs as the rest, but a cheaper price tag. Only downside is I don't think it is a continuous fill option. I hope to hear about Vapor Chiefs quality from some of you guys.

Mike@ShineStruck
11-30-2016, 03:24 PM
I have already read quite a few threads and still don't feel like I am any closer to making a decision on a new steamer to replace my old McCulloch. I'm really looking for feedback from people who have actually used or own these machines. It's quite a bit of money and something that I only want to purchase once. Here are my "narrowed down" options:

Dupray ONE Plus Steam Cleaner
Max Temp: 330 degrees F
Heating Time: 8 minutes
Boiler Capacity: 1.5L
Price: $849

Dupray Tosca Steam Cleaner
Max Temp: 316 degrees F
Max Pressure: 72.5 psi
Heating Time: 7 minutes
Continuous Refill: No
Boiler Capacity: 4L
Price: $996

Vapor Systems VX 5000
Max Temp: 298 degrees F
Heating Time: ?
Continuous Refill:
Pressure Control: 3 settings
Boiler Capacity: 3.5L
Boiler Warranty: 2 years

Mytee 1500 Focus Vapor Steamer
Max Temp: 350 degrees F
Max Pressure: 55 psi
Heating Time: 10 minutes
Pressure Control:
Boiler Capacity: 5 gallon (18.9L)
Boiler Warranty:

Vapor Chief "Single" Pro 75 Commercial Steam Cleaner
Max Temp: 325 degrees F
Max Pressure: 75 psi
Heating Time: 8-9 minutes
Continuous Refill:
Boiler Capacity: 3.1L
Price: $649 (this week)

So on paper I am leaning a little towards the Vapor Chief due to such similar specs as the rest, but a cheaper price tag. Only downside is I don't think it is a continuous fill option. I hope to hear about Vapor Chiefs quality from some of you guys.

the vaporchief 75 is the best option
its the only one that properly specs its heat temperature..temp is dictated by PSI
also mine actually goes to 85 PSI
if you think you need a continuous flow steamer then Poney up for the Vaporchief 100psi or do one the duprays one plus

Rsurfer
11-30-2016, 04:21 PM
Get this if your budget allows:
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-mike-phillips-your-detailing-questions/82576-how-use-dupray-hill-injection-steam-cleaner.html

chefwong
11-30-2016, 04:30 PM
For those considering the HI. I have had both the old one and the newer one.
Therotically, the guts were the same on both....but I swear, the recycle/recovery time on the new one is noticably faster.

Jeremy1976
11-30-2016, 05:28 PM
I love my VX 5000. Continuous fill really means nothing to me. The worst of jobs I have had I never ran out of water. And the reheat is fast.

Scott@IncrediblyDetailed
11-30-2016, 05:37 PM
Why are you buying a steamer? What kind of work load? How many hours per day? Multiple people using it?

I bought the Tosca and it's a nice machine, but you really only get 30-40 minutes of use, then you have to refill the unit, and it takes a solid 15-20 minutes before your steaming again. I upgraded to the Hill Injection that has the continuous fill system and the hot water injection and it's really the way to go. The hot water injection is really helpful for stains, door pockets, cup holders, etc. and zero down time while in use pays for itself in more efficient labor. I'm a 1-2 man operation, so having both units is helpful, but if I were to do it over again I wouldn't of bought the Tosca and just went straight to the Hill Injection. I haven't had a problem with their units, other than sometimes the temperature display is not accurate, but it does sort itself out.

98LowRanger
11-30-2016, 06:35 PM
Why are you buying a steamer? What kind of work load? How many hours per day? Multiple people using it?

I am buying a new steamer because my McCullouch 1275 steamer is 3 years old and showing some wear. It has a tiny reservoir which means I often have to refill it at LEAST 3 times to do most interior details. I also think the cleaning power is lacking due to having 50ish psi and around 200 degree max temperature. I do my details on the side, but 90% of them include interior work and I always end up using steam. I have also used steam to clean door jambs, emblems, suspension components, and even an engine bay. I believe it's a must have tool in detailing and want to step up to a more powerful machine that can maximize my efficiency. There will most likely be 2 people using it.

Having said all that, sadly the Dupray Hill injection steamer is simply out of my price range. I was honestly wanting to keep this purchase in the $700 range if possible. Thanks for the input so far guys!!

98LowRanger
11-30-2016, 06:56 PM
the vaporchief 75 is the best option
its the only one that properly specs its heat temperature..temp is dictated by PSI
also mine actually goes to 85 PSI
if you think you need a continuous flow steamer then Poney up for the Vaporchief 100psi or do one the duprays one plus

Vapor Chief is a relatively new name to me, but they really seem to know their stuff and create a very high quality steamer. After reading your reply I started looking at the 100psi unit and I hate to admit how good it sounds. At $1000 it is about $300 more than I wanted to spend, but appears to be very similar to the Dupray Hill injection steamer at nearly half the cost. Definitely worth considering. Would love to know how reliable these machines are for the cost.

fly07sti
11-30-2016, 07:08 PM
I agree. There's a reason why so many people use this seamer.

bill walsh
11-30-2016, 07:11 PM
I have vapor chief 100 psi unit love this steamer see if you can buy demo unit

Jeremy1976
11-30-2016, 08:55 PM
After 2 weeks of owning the VX5000 I opted for the customer cart. It was well worth the $200. All your attachments hang on it and everything stays in one place. Not to mention, I don't have to drag it or carry it around.

98LowRanger
12-01-2016, 10:34 AM
After 2 weeks of owning the VX5000 I opted for the customer cart. It was well worth the $200. All your attachments hang on it and everything stays in one place. Not to mention, I don't have to drag it or carry it around.

I can see where the cart is very handy so I almost have to take that into consideration with the VX 5000.

Really leaning towards the Vaporchief 100...last day of the sale!!!!

215Detailing
12-01-2016, 10:51 AM
I like the idea of over 120 psi and water injection (blast of water) but $2000. is steep like you said if budget allows, lol

Jeremy1976
12-01-2016, 10:58 AM
I can see where the cart is very handy so I almost have to take that into consideration with the VX 5000.

Really leaning towards the Vaporchief 100...last day of the sale!!!!

Do they have a cart available for it? I like the cart for the VX. It's very professional and we'll built and designed specifically for it.

texasgibby
12-01-2016, 12:46 PM
98LowRanger, Ray just posted an informative comparison of steamers on the Autopia Forum.......good info / detail. FYI