Best wax for dark cars.

miker911

Reaction score
I have a black Porsche Cayman and a dark blue metallic Macan. I have done slight paint corrections, with Merzerna, on both as the paint was in good shape. I used Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant as the final step. Both cars look good but wonder if there is a better sealant / wax that will give me a real pop on both cars.

Thanks for your input.

From a sealant point of view doesn't get much better than wgdgps. Topping it with any quality nuba is optional and might or might not add extra pop, do a test spot.

For a nuba on dark colors, it's hard to beat Pinnacle Souveran. Not much durability, but if you want that deep wet look, look no further than Souveran.

A bit boutique but swissvax samurai on my black mistubishi always turned out great so did souvran :)

If you want extreme glossy and shiny go with Synergy.
If you want extremely wet and melting look, nothing beat Souveran.

DGPS will give you some gloss but not close to synery.
Wet ice over fire is one of the best wet and melting look but still second to souveran and required 2 steps, great if your budget is tight.

Durgaloss 111 is what I go to for the candy coated, super bling look. Megs M21 to an extent.

For that super wet gloss, Zymol Carbon.

Can't go wrong with the Menzerna Sealant. If you want to add a wax on top of the Sealant and want to add a little more brilliance, IMO the Souveran Paste wax is a good way to go. Another is SON1C Wax Phoenix. Again, my opinion and I am sure you'll get a bunch of different opinions. But if you see my Avatar it's a black car.

Meguiars Ultimate Wax is my choice for darks. I've heard and seen good things on here about Blackfire & Wolfgang.

If I was to wax a black or dark colored car, I'd use Souveran, Black Ice or Colli 915. But since you have WG sealant already layed down, I'd put Fuzion on top to keep that brand synergy.

Back