PDA

View Full Version : Winter wash - presoak?

Jimmy Vegas
02-05-2017, 06:51 PM
Hi Guys!
I'll be visiting either the coin-op or a touch less wash that I've found in the next couple of days to get the salt off of my car while the weather is a bit warmer. Would it be beneficial to presoak with WG Uber to help loosen things up, or am I just wasting good product for no reason.

As always, thanks.
- Jim

MikeC78
02-05-2017, 07:01 PM
Wasting product.

oneheadlite
02-05-2017, 07:06 PM
Been there, tried that with Uber at slightly stiffer than rinseless ratio before a touchless wash - saw no benefit from it unfortunately.

BrutalNoodle
02-05-2017, 07:10 PM
Uber will not do much in this situation, unfortunately. APC or Bug Squash would be better on grime/road film.

Jeremy1976
02-05-2017, 07:21 PM
Winter time I coin op, then always pre soak with Uber or Mckee's N914, then your normal multi towel RW. Then I always apply a spray wax. That is my routine in winter. For the price of product why not presoak?

BrutalNoodle
02-05-2017, 07:31 PM
The touch less wash in my area weak. Expensive & quite pathetic. Coin-op is much better for blasting junk off. Pretreat with lsp-safe apc like Optimum Power Clean or good bug remover should take care of the heavy stuff.

Souldetailer
02-05-2017, 07:52 PM
Winter time I coin op, then always pre soak with Uber or Mckee's N914, then your normal multi towel RW. Then I always apply a spray wax. That is my routine in winter. For the price of product why not presoak?

Never tried blasting the crud off then presoaking. Sounds like that would be advantageous for sure

Jimmy Vegas
02-05-2017, 08:13 PM
Thanks, guys. I greatly appreciate the advice.

oneheadlite
02-05-2017, 08:33 PM

I definitely presoak when doing a Rinseless Wash, but I read OP's scenario as presoaking before pulling into your traditional touchless tunnel wash. That's what I had tried and had no discernible benefit from. Though, thinking about it, that's the only time I've ever been left with squiggles down the side of the car where the jets sprayed the car.

CarolinasFinestDetailing
02-05-2017, 09:10 PM
As others stated, a good APC at 1:10 will work. Otherwise, if you have a good pressurized sprayer....mix some car wash soap and water in there and spray via the sprayer, then rinse.

AutowerxDetailing
02-05-2017, 10:07 PM
Standard 'pH neutral' or rinseless car wash soaps won't really do anything as a pre-soak other than maybe help with lubrication if you will be agitating the surface. A good high-pressure rinse with a pressure washer prior to your preferred wash method will be more effective at removing heavy dirt and traffic film than any mild "snow foam" soak.

GSKR
02-06-2017, 07:51 AM
Thanks, guys. I greatly appreciate the advice.

Spray way non ammonia foaming glass cleaner would be a great presoak.it's gentle non toxic and not brutal on your paint and best of all its cheap.I believe ag sells it.

BrutalNoodle
02-06-2017, 09:25 PM
Spray way non ammonia foaming glass cleaner would be a great presoak.it's gentle non toxic and not brutal on your paint and best of all its cheap.I believe ag sells it.

I remember you mentioned this before (also carpet?).

Got a few cans here. Going to treat the rear bumper and see what happens.

Lovely on glass. Only thing is the scent gets to me after a while.

GSKR
02-07-2017, 06:58 AM
Stuff is great on everything,as far as carpets I mist them up only on newer cars.Great as a Presoak bug remover as well.works great on light seat cleaning or even engine cleaning.I use 10 cans a week of this product.I just cleaned 900 square feet of tiles last night on my hands and knees at my hair salon.leaves zero residue behind.it doesn't really do a great job on glass out doors .inside glass cleaning is ok,but not my go to glass cleaning product .

BrutalNoodle
02-07-2017, 09:50 PM
Stuff is great on everything,as far as carpets I mist them up only on newer cars.Great as a Presoak bug remover as well.works great on light seat cleaning or even engine cleaning.I use 10 cans a week of this product.I just cleaned 900 square feet of tiles last night on my hands and knees at my hair salon.leaves zero residue behind.it doesn't really do a great job on glass out doors .inside glass cleaning is ok,but not my go to glass cleaning product .

I have to try this. Thank you for the tip!