Chemical Decon

Hammer77

Reaction score
Hey all, what would be my best option for chemical decon? Car is coated with Wolfgang Uber, still looks great, and plan on using CarPro Essence Plus soon. I was thinking McKees Xtreme Iron remover, or even Iron X. But after reading descriptions on AG, I noticed Iron X Snow Foam mentioned it plays well with coated vehicles, while the others do not say that. Please someone give me some knowledge! Plus I have a foam cannon.

Thanks in advance.

Dave

Ironx or McKee's will be stronger than snow foam. They will all work with the coating.

Does the paint really need essence plus?

Ok Thanks Guz! IMO I think it does, I did a baggie test a week ago, felt really good. But I do see some very minor defects, enough to bother me, but not enough for a polish, and recoat. I applied the coating last July and it gets driven daily but have only put 2000 miles on it since, and it always in the garage except when at work. I just want to freshen it up for the season. Do you have something else in mind? There are no swirls.

If you have defects that you want to cover up then essence plus will do that. Was just curious on the condition. Sounds like Uber is doing very well.

Thank you Guz. Yes it is the first coating I have ever done, I am more then pleased with it.

Hey all, what would be my best option for chemical decon? Car is coated with Wolfgang Uber, still looks great, and plan on using CarPro Essence Plus soon. I was thinking McKees Xtreme Iron remover, or even Iron X. But after reading descriptions on AG, I noticed Iron X Snow Foam mentioned it plays well with coated vehicles, while the others do not say that. Please someone give me some knowledge! Plus I have a foam cannon.

Thanks in advance.

Dave
Snow foam is fine.

Does Snow Foam work as well with a bucket and mitt?

Iron-X Snowfoam is not economical as a chemical decon product. You have to use such a high concentration for it to actually dissolve significant deposits. I think it's better as a maintenance wash for coatings if you prefer to not ever use Iron-X... which is understandable considering the smell LOL.

Just got some Snow Soap too.

I was thinking about trying it diluted in a spray bottle to see how that works. (Edit) Or maybe not. I forgot how when sprayed this stuff sticks in your nose. I think I'll use it on the mitt or sponge itself, not in a bucket.

I just tried it straight on one of the nasty wheels on the wife's car. It worked pretty well and all I needed was a dab on a detail brush.

Man this stuff if funky in such a weird way. I don't know if I'll be eager to use this often.

Thanks for the replies everyone! I will go with the McKee's since I already have a bottle. But will still pick up some Snow Foam for maintenance washes every now and then. I mostly use Megs Hyperwash weekly in my cannon, and 2BM. As some mentioned, I may use the Snow Foam once a month for a good decon cleaning.

Again Thank You for your time!

Dave.

Back