PDA

View Full Version : Need advise using Wolfgang Sealant

Bonifax
11-17-2007, 09:30 PM
Hi folks, today I received a bottle of Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant but I'm not sure of how to use it right. Right now my car has a coat of Megs NXT and I would like to know if I can use Wolfgang Sealant on top of it or if I should remove NXT before applying the sealant, also I would like to know the correct technique to apply it... please help!

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/autogeek_1975_19498491

budman3
11-17-2007, 09:38 PM
I'd strip off the NXT with a polish or a paint cleaner. Then you can either apply the Wolfgang DGPS by hand with a MF or foam applicator or with the PC with a finishing pad. Either way will work and both are very very easy. Let it set up for 45 mins or so and then remove with a MF towel, again very easy to use :).

wytstang
11-17-2007, 09:47 PM
Like budman3 said strip NXT then apply WG either way. Very very easy to use.

gary26
11-17-2007, 10:44 PM
Don't forget to let it cure for 12-24 hours before applying wax.

Bonifax
11-18-2007, 09:18 AM
Thanx for your replies, just one question: Do you think it would be a good idea to top Wolfgang with a Carnauba Wax? I only have Megs GC and Megs Carnauba Wax #3 step or even NXT?

budman3
11-18-2007, 09:25 AM
You can ... but WGDGPS already looks like a carnauba, especially on black, so the only benefit would probably be the addition of slickness. I would NOT top with GC or NXT because they are cleaner waxes and will strip away the Wolfgang. I'm not sure if the other Meg's is a cleaner or not ... but I'd just leave it be if those are your choices, :) Good luck.

Bonifax
11-18-2007, 09:28 AM
You can ... but WGDGPS already looks like a carnauba, especially on black, so the only benefit would probably be the addition of slickness. I would NOT top with GC or NXT because they are cleaner waxes and will strip away the Wolfgang. I'm not sure if the other Meg's is a cleaner or not ... but I'd just leave it be if those are your choices, :) Good luck.
Thanx! then I'll just use the WG sealant... easier :righton:

Bonifax
12-01-2007, 03:12 PM
Well today I polished my black car with Menz PO85RD and Megs finishing pad just to remove minor swirls and then toped it with WGDGPS, let it dry for about 45 min. then removed it with a MF towel. I really like the gloss and slickness. But I don't know if I can continue to use Mothers Reflections Spray Wax every wash to preserve gloss and slickness or if this spray wax will strip off the WG sealant... anyone knows?

Detail_Guy
12-01-2007, 03:20 PM
I really like the gloss and slickness. But I don't know if I can continue to use Mothers Reflections Spray Wax every wash to preserve gloss and slickness or if this spray wax will strip off the WG sealant... anyone knows?

The Mothers Reflections Spray Wax does not contain any cleaners. It is also a synthetic wax, so there should be no issues with applying it to your favorite synthetic wax.

Bonifax
12-01-2007, 03:37 PM
That's good news!!! I really like to apply Reflections spray wax after washing to leave a super gloss look, thanx!