cleaning sealed trim without removing the sealant?

fightnews

Reaction score
hi i made a similar thread before and i think the consensus was regular car wash soap.

my trim was really dirty and i couldnt do a bucket wash. i ended up using opti clean and shine but it didn't really do a great job. it left a lot of streaks

can i use maybe apc diluted without taking off the wolfgang trim sealant? or if not diluted apc is there something else anyone uses?

Use Mckee's N-914@1:128 or Megs D114@1:128 and wipe with a microfiber towel.

Sent from my iPhone

Use Mckee's N-914@1:128 or Megs D114@1:128 and wipe with a microfiber towel.

Sent from my iPhone

ok nice didnt even think of that.

i was going to make a thread about nicks product. i put about a half ounce in my foam cannon bottle on saturday along with my car wash soap. the car looked unbelievably clean. like seriously cleaner then ive ever seen it. im wondering if it cleaned off excess product or something? whatever it did it looked great.

i gotta mix up a spray bottle i ran out of them ill have to buy another

so do you think diluted apc would take off the sealant?

If the trim is that dirty,is the WETS doing its job? How long ago was the WETS applied?

If the trim is that dirty,is the WETS doing its job? How long ago was the WETS applied?

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, and a said so in the other thread. Although I have noticed that WETS does a weird water-spot thing on porous trim (like the smooth rubber around windows), where if it rains and it gets water spots that then dry...those spots will stay "damp" and not clean off until everything dries out for a day or two.

Back