Best Tire Coat for Wet Weather

jtschumpsea

Reaction score
I'm new to this forum but by no means not new to detailing. I recently coated my new Rotiform wheels for my B9 Audi with CQuartx DLUX. Amazing stuff btw - makes cleaning the wheels a pleasure. My question is what is a good durable tire coating that will stand up to water? The water comes off the coated wheels so well that it literally leaves washed off channels (for lack of a better description) on the tire where it is washing off the dressing. I've been using Perl and AMMO Mud and get the same results with both. We have had a LOT of rain here in the NW this year so pretty much constantly driving in rain. I was considering something like Gyeon Tire as it contains SiO2 and thought this may hold up better. Anyone have any thoughts or recommendations? I attached a pic of my wheel/tire as reference. Love this forum btw! :)

Regards,
JT

A coating is definitely what you are looking for. It will last much longer than a dressing. I haven't used Geyon Tire, but I have used Tuffshine's coating and McKees coating with good results.

I'm new to this forum but by no means not new to detailing. I recently coated my new Rotiform wheels for my B9 Audi with CQuartx DLUX. Amazing stuff btw - makes cleaning the wheels a pleasure. My question is what is a good durable tire coating that will stand up to water? The water comes off the coated wheels so well that it literally leaves washed off channels (for lack of a better description) on the tire where it is washing off the dressing. I've been using Perl and AMMO Mud and get the same results with both. We have had a LOT of rain here in the NW this year so pretty much constantly driving in rain. I was considering something like Gyeon Tire as it contains SiO2 and thought this may hold up better. Anyone have any thoughts or recommendations? I attached a pic of my wheel/tire as reference. Love this forum btw! :)

Regards,
JT
Sonax tire gel.

Sorry for the mistake.Your looking for a coating.I don't use them.

Here is what mine that are coated with Tuf shine look like after 3 months of winter and just wiped down with N-914 @ WW strength on my B8.

0bfc5820-a720-4ede-b85a-5159d835f128.jpg

Here is a better picture I took yesterday that shows where I rubbed a curb last Nov and never re-coated. I will be putting the summer tires on soon so will do before next fall.

FR.jpg~original

That's awesome and EXACTLY what I'm looking for! Never thought to just wipe them down with a Waterless Wash - good idea.

Mckee's 37 or Tuf Shine. They last months. Gyeon tire coating is not a true coating. Lasts about 4-6 weeks.

Thanks for all the replies... Much appreciated. I've got an order for Tuf Shine in!

Thanks for all the replies... Much appreciated. I've got an order for Tuf Shine in!
Your tires are just like prepping paint for a coating to make it last is to completely clean. The winter tires I show there only needed 3 cleaning cycles for them to come clean mainly because they were just about new and had just one coat on dressing put on them. It took 11 to 13 cleaning cycles to get my summer tires the same. Other than the deep cleaning of the tires Tuf Shine is quite easy to apply.

When I did my brothers truck a few weeks ago I used my GG6 with a brush to clean and got them done in 3~4 cycles.

2017-02-21%2011.57.45.jpg~original

Back