Gold Plush Jr vs. Meg's Supreme Shine MF towels

TShepp

Reaction score
Looking for some input for those who have used both. I am looking for a good MF towel for general use but mainly removing polish and wax and using QD for touchups. The Meguiar's Supreme Shine are cheaper and seem to have great reviews and comments and I like that they are double sided. The Gold Plush Jr seem to be a bit more plush and soft for buffing and QD or waterless washing which I don't think I will do. What do you all think?

I'd choose the Gold Plush. They're good for anything you throw at them. I don't like the edges of the Megs supreme shines.

the megs ss mf towels do not hold up very well after multiple washings and lose softness/plushness. the gold plush jr's are perfect to use for anything as Harpolith mentioned...

X3 on the Gold Plush. Great workhorse MF towels.

Thanks for the input! The only thing I don't like about Gold Plush is that they aren't double sided. The Meg's are a tad more attractive from that aspect along with better $

You don't have to break the bank on MF towels, but whatever you do, don't skimp either.

Look into buying in bulk, or when AG has a sale. JMO

Thanks for the input! The only thing I don't like about Gold Plush is that they aren't double sided. The Meg's are a tad more attractive from that aspect along with better $

I think you'd change your mind if you had one of each in hand.

FYI- double sided in this context means shorter nap on one side and longer on the other. The Gold Plush are double sided, as well, in that regard. The GP is just a higher quality towel in general.

FYI- double sided in this context means shorter nap on one side and longer on the other. The Gold Plush are double sided, as well, in that regard. The GP is just a higher quality towel in general.

No no... That's not double sided... Double sided means equal plush on both sides, not 1 short side and the other plush, that would be a single sided towel.

That's why my drying towel is a double twist, and the less desirable 1 is simply called twist, because it's single sided.

As far as the towels in question: Some of my 1st towels are Megs Supreme Shines, and even though they're supposed to be my grade D towels now that they've been replaced with new towels, they still feel soft enough to do just about anything the other towels do. Great value on soft towels + they're a good size @12"x16"

No no... That's not double sided... Double sided means equal plush on both sides, not 1 short side and the other plush, that would be a single sided towel.

That's how I was thinking about double sided - plush on both sides.

The Gold Plush Jr would be considered dual plush and an excellent towel.
My favorite for polish/compound, sealant removal and coating preps.
The long strands come in handy for the crevices

That's why my drying towel is a double twist, and the less desirable 1 is simply called twist, because it's single sided.

As far as the towels in question: Some of my 1st towels are Megs Supreme Shines, and even though they're supposed to be my grade D towels now that they've been replaced with new towels, they still feel soft enough to do just about anything the other towels do. Great value on soft towels + they're a good size @12"x16"
Thanks for the correction-- I was under the impression that "dual-nap" meant short on one side and longer on the other. If my memory serves, the Supreme Shines are dual-nap, as are the Gold Plush. It's been awhile since I've used the Supremes, but my Gold Plush certainly aren't the same on both sides.

Thanks for the correction-- I was under the impression that "dual-nap" meant short on one side and longer on the other. If my memory serves, the Supreme Shines are dual-nap, as are the Gold Plush. It's been awhile since I've used the Supremes, but my Gold Plush certainly aren't the same on both sides.

Dual nap sounds correct for what you're describing.. Double side vs. single sided was just what I'm used to seeing. I guess it could easily be misunderstood both ways. I dunno.

What is the polyester/polyamide composition of each towel. What is the GSM? What is the country of origin?

I only use towels that are made in S Korea with S Korean fiber with 70/30% polyester and at least 450 GSM.

Back