Brand New White Car...With Swirl Marks ):

zdharris

Reaction score
So, I just recently purchased a new white challenger. Unfortunately, I completed the purchase at night and didn't get quite as good of a look at the car as I would have liked. It was brand new, so I didn't expect the paint to be in too terrible of a condition. But once I got home and started looking at it in the sun, I could see a bunch of swirl marks. I'm assuming it came from the dealership hand washing the car with the wrong stuff. What would be your suggestions on how to fix this paint? I know it's relatively new paint and all, so I don't want to cut too deep into anything. But those swirl marks bother me, so they've got to go. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Might have to go a bit aggressive if the swirls and scratches are bad. With the right detailer, paint correction on a vehicle is completely safe and can do it dozen of times. Great detailers will check measurments on the paint, do a test spot, and see which method will be the best for the paint (starting with the least aggressive). Hopefully if you post which state you live, someone can referr you to a top detailer.

I'm in North Carolina. Around the Raleigh area. I don't have any pictures of it currently, but I will get some. The swirl marks are light. They're not really noticeable unless you're looking for them.

Sadly I expect swirls, scratches and overall imperfections in brand new cars....
I just wait for a good weekend and get my detail on. My car has been waiting since January for a proper full detail. It's finally happening this weekend.

Good luck! I think a nice AIO would do the trick, like HD Speed.

Thanks for the info! I'll check it out. I told the dealership I didn't want them to wash it. They didn't listen to me. When I bought my white Tundra, it still had the plastic on it, paint is still perfect. I don't understand what those dealerships use to wash with, but it's rough on the poor paint.

A lot of it is lack of knowledge on detailing, but also on old, dirty equipment and work spaces.
Be glad they didn't whip out some 20 year old machine with a 7in wool pad on it.

Some of them have "Soft brush" car washes on-site. I know my local dealer does & ran my car through it after I told them specifically NOT to was the car and they wrote it in big letters on the work order but they still put it through the wash. Lucky for me I think my Cquartz UK took most of the light marks it left behind.

Thanks for the info! I'll check it out. I told the dealership I didn't want them to wash it. They didn't listen to me. When I bought my white Tundra, it still had the plastic on it, paint is still perfect. I don't understand what those dealerships use to wash with, but it's rough on the poor paint.

Back