PDA

View Full Version : Where are mysterious white/yellow dots coming from ?

JJZ4MR
05-07-2017, 06:02 AM
As I wash my car or a clients car, I get small white dots ( about 1/8-1/4 " ) appearing on the car. They are liquid, come off easy if gotten to right away, but dry quickly. I also get small yellow dots, they are not as liquidy, dry very quickly and are hard to remove. They are not pollen, here in Fl the pollen "season" just ended. Could these be droplets from bees or wasps ? There are quite a few of both around my property.

GSKR
05-07-2017, 06:07 AM
Are you working near Palm trees.I have a client that I take care of there olds 442 Chevy chevelle and a black jag.I run into the same problem,the owner told me it was crap coming from the trees.I since pick another spot to detail and no problems.

FrankS
05-07-2017, 07:37 AM
Not sure about the white dots but the yellow dots, I've heard, are bee droppings.

JJZ4MR
05-07-2017, 10:40 AM
I do have palm trees, but I'm real far from them. My yard is 2.5 acres and the nearest palms are 50 yards away. My yardis full of plants/flowers. The house is 120 years old, my garage is one side open air. I sometimes notice the yellow dots appear while the car is in the garage. I was thinking wasps, but I have most of them gone now, as I have bug bombed and used wasp spray on all nests I can find. There are a lot of bees around. It's just so aggravating to put down a nice fresh wax job and have dots seemingly come out of nowhere.
Thanks for the insight, Jeff

JJZ4MR
05-16-2017, 07:44 AM
I'm thinking perhaps maybe spiders in the rafters of garage ( next on the list of things to kill, just did caterpillars in the bushes ) need to respray ceiling in garage. I think the spiders are pooping on my car. After that, maybe it's the dragon flies which are thick flying all around the yard. I have a water retention pond on the next property over....Always something !