Question for all you matte people

Eldorado2k

Reaction score
This is a question for all you guys who say leather should be kept clean but never conditioned, you damp towel only dudes aka matte guys. Lol.

If you were getting your car detailed [not that you would need someone else to do it, but if who did] would it bother you if they dressed the dash and door panels with somekind of dressing or even a forbidden lather conditioner or similar product? Not the seats, just the dash & panels.
What do think?

I would be okay with it as long as it doesn't leave a glass I just like my Dash stay matte but I do want it to be clean and UV protected

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I would be okay with it as long as it doesn't leave a glass I just like my Dash stay matte but I do want it to be clean and UV protected

When's the last time you saw a dash that was severely damaged due to UV exposure? The 1970's? Lol.

Cracked yes since I was like 12 but at least in my car u can see when it looks "dry" and in my Pathfinder since is an 06 u can really tell. When it needs to be treated

Cracked yes since I was like 12 but at least in my car u can see when it looks "dry" and in my Pathfinder since is an 06 u can really tell. When it needs to be treated

I know exactly what you mean... I actually started freaking out [not really but you know] when I began noticing that occasional dryness on the doors and dash on the Kia... I thought what the heck? How come it looks like that when I've been treating it every so offen since day 1?
That's when the light bulb went on in my head... I had been using Meguiars New Car Scent Protectant. Checked the bottle and it says it contains petroleum distillates. Now I'm no expert, but I'd heard enough about that and started seeing the proof as there should've been no good reason at all for my vinyl to begin looking like dryed crap.. Never used it again.

Back