Making a return to detailing

invested_detailing

Reaction score
After almost 3 years serving time in retail prison this upcoming Friday will be my last day. I have accepted a detailing position at one of the local automotive dealerships in town. Still in the same city as the move I mentioned eons ago never happened. Part of the reason I stayed away from detailing for so long was the old dealership job really ground me down from an employee-boss relationship standpoint and a employee-coworker standpoint. Same thing was starting to happen in retail prison. The company as a whole isn't focusing on the things I feel are necessary to be profitable and are actually accelerating their downward spiral. Nothing against the coworkers and management at my soon to be old job. They're all great people to work with.

So that's a little update on what's going on with me. I do have a new girlfriend. We've been together officially almost a year now.

Good for you. Retail has always been awful on workers, but in today's world more so. I have friend who works at Walgreens. After their acquisition of Rite-Aid, all employees hours were slashed.

Yup, need to cut a little fat. Your $10 an hour with 2 hours overtime is no longer viable. Complaints? Send them to one of the 4 mansions the CEO owns in Florida, NYC, Rome, and Paris.

Retail is definitely a volatile industry especially when it comes to job security. In the almost 3 years I worked there they've eliminated 6 full time positions and are constantly running below skeleton crew level.

Back