PDA

View Full Version : Windsheild Paint Overspray

mav52
05-23-2017, 10:29 AM
I was driving home from up north and the DOT was painting these signs and as I went under the overpass I've now got white over spray on my 2016 F150 windshield.

How do I remove this ?

PurpleTowel
05-23-2017, 10:41 AM
Razor blade.

Is it ONLY on the windshield?

mav52
05-23-2017, 10:49 AM
Razor blade.

Is it ONLY on the windshield?

side windows also. Would a clay bar take it off

KirkH
05-23-2017, 10:58 AM
side windows also. Would a clay bar take it off

razor blade will be the easiest. clay may work but you will be rubbing. a little detail spray and a blade will get the paint off with very little effort. then while you are there, clay the windshield and rub a little wax or sealant on it. lightly spray with window cleaner to remove the wax/sealant.

fightnews
05-23-2017, 11:00 AM
Geez they were spraying that much paint?

GSKR
05-23-2017, 11:03 AM
I was driving home from up north and the DOT was painting these signs and as I went under the overpass I've now got white over spray on my 2016 F150 windshield.

How do I remove this ?

If its on your glass more than likely it on your paint as well.If so send them a bill.

mav52
05-23-2017, 11:57 AM
Geez they were spraying that much paint?

Nighttime, so I guess they didn't realize it was blowing like it was.

Its difficult to see it on the paint since my truck is white, but using a plastic bag on my hand you can feel it. And getting something from the SC DOT is going to be interesting but I have already contacted them, date time etc.. and they told me whom to contact within the DOT for resolution. But I'm not the only person that has contacted them and I told them I'm not going to take my truck back to SC from FL to have them remove the overspray from the truck. So I need to get it resolved in my town and send them a bill which it appears is the route they want me to take. But right now I need to remove the paint from the windshield as its difficult when the sun is shinning directly into the windshield. Like driving west when the sun is setting its really noticeable.

KirkH
05-23-2017, 11:58 AM
If its on your glass more than likely it on your paint as well.If so send them a bill.

Good luck with that.

If it is on the paint, I have had luck with Tarminator if it hasn't been there too long.

KirkH
05-23-2017, 12:00 PM
Nighttime, so I guess they didn't realize it was blowing like it was.

Its difficult to see it on the paint since my truck is white, but using a plastic bag on my hand you can feel it. And getting something from the SC DOT is going to be interesting but I have already contacted them, date time etc.. and they told me whom to contact within the DOT for resolution. But I'm not the only person that has contacted them and I told them I'm not going to take my truck back to SC from FL to have them remove the overspray from the truck. So I need to get it resolved in my town and send them a bill which it appears is the route they want me to take. But right now I need to remove the paint from the windshield as its difficult when the sun is shinning directly into the windshield. Like driving west when the sun is setting its really noticeable.

Around here they use private contractors and you have to stop right when it happens and report it or they say too bad.

mav52
05-24-2017, 10:24 AM
Well the old razor blade and soapy water did the trick on the windshield and side windows.