How can I get permanently dressed tires?

AutoApollo

Reaction score
Hi guys, I find about each week I wash my car I need to dress my tires again. It's a water based tire dressing as the other stuff is just too oily and annoying to work with. Is there any permanent solution to having my tires look deep black and brand new all the time?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Autogeekonline mobile app

Clean tires with tuf shine cleaner then apply tuf shine tire coat.

Tire coating is your answer. Tuf shine or McKee's.

I have Tuff Shine tire coat and Turtle Wax Tire coat TK12. Price wise I prefer TW. I use Totally Awesome APC to clean the tires first and for a final check up I use a cleaner which comes with a kit. Tuff Shine lasts and shines longer, may be, but on a daily driver there is a chance of curb rushes, the daily exposure to UV, rain and potholes. The maintenance touch up needed every month or 1.5 no matter which one is applied. Also, I noticed TS sometimes acts weird, after a heavy rain the appearance of white spots, never happened with TW.

I googled TK-421 and all I got was a Stormtrooper...

35c28012651ddbcba0a611d5aadcda93.png

... So what the heck are you guys talking about? Lol

Even when you scrub like crazy, a tire won't come fully clean with a degreaser or apc. Clean them like that initially and then before applying dressing, clean them again with mineral spirits.

A good cleaning with a scrub brush and Tuf Shine Tire Cleaner, then apply a good coat of Tuf Shine Tire Clearcoat. Then, 24 hours later I top it with CG VRP or CarPro PERL. The tires will bead water and look fresh for about 2 months with this technique.

Permanently? There is no way. Tire coatings will make it a little longer than a WB dressing will though.

Permanent?
Thanks to the irreversibility of
natural processes (entropy):
No Way!

Though, IMO:
Tire Coatings tend to retard the
progress of this phenomenon better
than other types of tire dressings.

Bob

There is NO permanent solution but getting your tire clean, really clean and applying a quality tire coating will net you a solid month on a DD, lots of choices out there, gotta look around and/or PM forum members.

Back