PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna compounds - Super finish thinning out?

M3ntal
06-06-2017, 06:07 PM
It's been longer than I'd care to admit since my last correction but I had a question since I can't seem to remember. Has anyone else had an issue with Super Finish getting thin over time? I picked up my bottle of it today and it felt almost like it was water. I can't remember if that's how it's always been since it's been so long since I've bought any. My bottle of Power Finish is still much thicker, almost similar to a lotion consistency and I thought the Super Finish was near that consistency but only slightly thinner. I've put my correction on hold until I can figure out one way or another in case I need to get another low cut compound.

Anyone else had this issue? I loved Menzerna's compounds when I used them and still have a ton of both of them left, I'd hate to have to throw out the super finish.

dlc95
06-06-2017, 07:19 PM
Is it an old bottle? Seems they have a tendency to thicken up, or dry out, more than seperate.

Kamakaz1961
06-06-2017, 07:22 PM
That is unusual. I would shake the crap out of it for at least 3 to 5 minutes and see if that will change things. I do not know how old the Menzerna is but IMO they do have a shelf life. I do not know how long though. Please let us know what you did.

Worst case scenario get a new bottle.

supercharged75
06-06-2017, 07:40 PM
Put a couple nuts in the bottle to help mix it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

mwoywod
06-06-2017, 08:33 PM
I've had this happen with numerous different polishes over the years. I am OCD about storing them at a temperature between 60-75 degrees and I never order polishes or compounds if it's suppose to be extremely hot or below freezing.

That said, I bought a gallon of Meguiars M66 and it was extremely watery when I received it
Sonax Fine abrasive past 5/4 did the exact same thing
My first bottle of HD cut+ was thinnng out to the point where it would break down immediately and was nearly unusable (I haven't had it happen to another bottle since)
Recently my bottle of Carpro Essence has done the same thing that HD Cut+ did where it just loses it's emollient creamy feeling which in turn makes it very difficult to use.

I've heard alot about this occurring with Optimum Poli-seal but I've had a 32oz. bottle for a year and I've almost used it all and it is still just as good as day one.

I think it all has to do with being exposed to extreme heat and/or extreme cold. That's why I do not keep ANY of my detailing products in the garage

mwoywod
06-06-2017, 08:36 PM
Put a couple nuts in the bottle to help mix it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

This is a great idea. I read somewhere to use marbles but they would always clog my self-cleaning bottle dispensers. Obviously a nut wouldn't cause the same issue. I'm an idiot

M3ntal
06-06-2017, 08:47 PM
That is unusual. I would shake the crap out of it for at least 3 to 5 minutes and see if that will change things. I do not know how old the Menzerna is but IMO they do have a shelf life. I do not know how long though. Please let us know what you did.

Worst case scenario get a new bottle.

Tried all the suggestions in this thread, including using something hard to agitate with. I'm going to chalk it up to it being old and just get another bottle. I've probably had these for 2 years or so, and I haven't been good about keeping them stored properly, just left them on a rack in the garage. It seems weird that the Super finish had that issue but the power finish seems fine. Oh well, thanks for all the help guys!