Rupes 75E Mini advise

GrantLagasse

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm about to order a rupes 75e mini 3" to compliment my GG6. After reading lots of negative reviews on griots mini I decided to just spend the money on the rupes. I've never used a "long throw" machine and just wondering if there's anything I should know before using it on someone's car. Also, a little lost on pad selection. The 75e mini comes with a 3" backing plate and there seems to be a lot more people using the 3.5" BPs with 4" pads. Do I stay with the original 3" and go with some LC Thinpro 3.5" pads?

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Grant, that's exactly what I do. I use my Rupes Mini with the Lake Country Thinpros. You'll love it.

Another route would be to get another GG6, and throw a 3" plate on it.

Another route would be to get another GG6, and throw a 3" plate on it.

Seems to be a lot of cons to that though. (Vibrations, hard to control, over powerful for 3" pads if I read correctly). Would you happen to know how it would be height-wise from pad to top of machine compared to the rupes?

Seems to be a lot of cons to that though. (Vibrations, hard to control, over powerful for 3" pads if I read correctly). Would you happen to know how it would be height-wise from pad to top of machine compared to the rupes?

True, I've heard the too.

I don't know off hand the height difference.

It might be that people are using the gg6 full bore at speed 6 with 3" thin pads experiencing a lot of vibration.

The GG6 is said to be smoother than the PC 7424 which I regularly use with 3" Hydrotech pads - with no vibrations.

I also have a mini, which is an incredible tool, but I've only ever used it with the Rupes pads. I'm sure it would be fine using other pads. I actually just received my 3" HDO pads Friday. I'll probably be taking them for a spin this week.

If you already have the GG6, maybe just order the 3" plate, some pads, and see how you like it. You might find that you don't even need the extra tool!

I will recomend you to using Buff and Shine URO-Tec than thin pro, they are made for Rupes and Maroon pad is amazing. I am much prefer URO-Tec than thin pro, it's much flexible to tight area due to thicker and bevel edge.

Too tall, it's tippy and at best a short term solution. I did a test one day with my GG6 and a 3" BP and my Rupes Mini, I otssed the GGR aside after a couple minutes. I love my Rupes Mini. I also use it to apply selantss and waxes. And even with the new Griots bp it's still not a dedicated 3" polisher. If you have the money you will not be disappointed with the Mini. If you want to save the money then do the GG6. I've never regretted once buying my Mini. It's also alot easier to get into tight areas and it doesn't have that metal shroud like the GG6 that can bang off of mirrors and bumpers and tighter areas. The Rupes pads exten out too, so it's easier to get into tight areas.

This is my Mini with a 4" Buff and Shine Pad applying a sealant.

A great tool. We use rupes MF most of the time. Very aggressive. Removes a lot of paint fast, very easy to get carried away and go through. Nathan

Thanks for all the responses everyone. I'm a little torn on pads now. Any input on the buff and shine uro-fiber? Are they worth it?Or the uro-tec? I don't do this for a living and might use them once a month.

I've pretty much narrowed it down to
1. Uro-tec (buff and shine)
2. Flat foam (buff and shine)
3. Thinpro (LC)
4. HDO (LC)
5. Open to any other options

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

The Rupes pads are perfectly balanced for this machine.

I would start there.

I've used some others and the balance was off.

I did recently purchase but haven't yet used the new 3" BOSS Style Griots thin pads.

I use Rupes pads, Rupes microfiber pads and Meguiar's microfiber pads.

go out and purchase 6 yellow Rupes pads, 6 white Rupes pads and 6 microfiber Rupes pads or cut Dow Meguiar's microfiber cutting pads to fit and then you will be set.

I use the Rupes microfiber and foam pads on my Mini.

Of the pads listed, I would probably go for the HDO.

I use the Rupes foam pads (except for that blue one), the GG 3" BOSS pads, the B&S Ero-tech pads, the LC Thin Pros and the Megs PowerPads with my Mini and they all work well. The GG BOSS MF pads are my favorite MF pad. I use the Thinpros and Megs PowerPads on panels concave surfaces due to their more rounded edge.

I'll take everyone's word on the rupes pad. If I'm correct, blue and green are for cutting, yellow is for polishing and white is for finishing? Can the white be used for finish polish and applying sealant?

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Back